LeafBox install data save with 12v battery unplugged ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeudenn

Good morning and a happy new year ( a better one at any rate! ) to all
sorry if this has been detailed somewhere else. I did ran a search but was unable to come up with quite what I need. So...

I need to know if I will lose car radio data or other data when I temporarily ( 3000 sec ) unplug the 12v battery to install the emobe LeafBox range extender
any workaround ?

emobe nissan leaf link here

https://emobe.eu/en/shop/leaf-box/

so far I've found special devices that plug into the obd2 and are powered through the 12v cigarette lighter socket or the mains

obd2 data save devices

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOOL-Emergency-Cigarette-BT-50-Interface/dp/B08PBS53SL/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Autool+BT-50+12+V&qid=1610878547&sr=8-2

Thanks to all who can help!

You will lose the radio presets and other similar settings. Devices that work through the lighter socket won't prevent this, as the socket is only On when the car is On or in Accessory or similar modes. You'd have to clip a 12 volt source onto the positive lead for the battery, and to a ground to save that data. Be careful if you do that.

LeftieBiker said:
You will lose the radio presets and other similar settings. Devices that work through the lighter socket won't prevent this, as the socket is only On when the car is On or in Accessory or similar modes. You'd have to clip a 12 volt source onto the positive lead for the battery, and to a ground to save that data. Be careful if you do that.

thanks for this
I don't mind the radio preset
provide the car radio will still work
and the electronic functions ( i.e the one showing what percentage of the battery I amI using , gps )

The car won't be crippled. It's about the same degree of inconvenience as it is with a "normal" car. Plus, the Leaf won't run rough for a while afterwards. ;)

thanks
Actually, I didn't unplug the 1 2 V battery the manual says an borer message might appear that way, but would disappear after y switched the car off and on again. I can drive the car but haven't gone very far (just had surgery last wednesday so I'm to take it easy for a wee while..)

Back