Wanted 62KWH battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mod action: A scammer's reply and several comments about the scammer were deleted.

Google search for that email shows this it has been used in many scam posts of the nature "I have this item, email me" for all sorts of random items. Post removed and scammer banned.

I PM'ed the OP since I was concerned. My radar is usually good and it was on point in this case.

Thanks for keeping this forum safe. Do you have any spare time to moderate my local area's facebook yardsale groups? <grin>

there is a battery pack here in the SF bay area a salvage yard is selling for 10 thousand . its missing the top connector

I am still looking for 62kWh battery packs, but at this point I would probably buy a good 40 kWh. Finding these are much harder than I would have thought. I sold my 2012 Leaf SL. I bought 2 2013 Leafs with degraded batteries, hoping to upgrade to 62 kWh or at lest 40 kWh batteries. This is what I need to make a round trip into town from my rural location. Any help or leads would be much appreciated. Thanks Kevin

You mentioned in an earlier post that you live near Las Vegas. Posting your location is helpful, as I'm guessing you wouldn't want to buy a 40 kWh pack residing in Michigan, or New York, etc...

kmcmahan said:
I am still looking for 62kWh battery packs, but at this point I would probably buy a good 40 kWh. Finding these are much harder than I would have thought. I sold my 2012 Leaf SL. I bought 2 2013 Leafs with degraded batteries, hoping to upgrade to 62 kWh or at lest 40 kWh batteries. This is what I need to make a round trip into town from my rural location. Any help or leads would be much appreciated. Thanks Kevin

Sourcing these batteries is **really** hard, and typically expensive.
But then comes the question of installation. Who is going to do it ? Are you/they up to snuff on solving the compatibility issues ?

As an aside, one person has posted in the forum of upgrading to a 62 kWh pack. He seems quite pleased but has noted that the OEM suspension is not really up to the task of the having the heaviest battery.

I have been following Dala on YouTube for over a year. I acquired a couple of three port CAN bridges, firmware, software and a programmer that works. All this took a lot of time and effort. I have successfully flashed the CAN bridges. I have the battery pack out of the car (2013 Leaf SV). I hit a brick wall when trying to acquire good and larger pack. I have the skills and tools to do the swap. The 62kWh battery is heavier and the apparent remedy is to replace the rear coil springs with the ones from the donor car. Also I will have to fabricate some spacers to compensate for the battery being a little taller. It also looks like an adapter will have to be made up for one of the battery attach points. I built a battery test setup (Dala) utilizing LeafSpy so that test battery packs, even when they are out of the car. If I am successful doing the swaps on my 2 personal cars I my offer the service to others.

kmcmahan said:
I have been following Dala on YouTube for over a year.
... ... If I am successful doing the swaps on my 2 personal cars I my offer the service to others.
You fit the bill.

Good luck !

I was able to source a 62 kWh battery pack. I bought a complete wrecked 2019 Leaf S Plus with 5,000 miles on it. I successfully completed the upgrade. I used the rear springs and the complete front struts from the donor car. I also used some brackets and the plastic battery covers. I fabricated my own spacers. I installed a 3 port CAN bridge and flashed it with one of Dala's files.

Impressive!!! Congratulations.

Does the drive computer / GOM react accurately to the extra capacity or is it hardcoded to the original capacity and therefore confused?

Where did you source the pack and how much to you pay for it? Just curious how the price compares to what EV's Enhanced in NZ is asking, for their replacement LiFePO4 packs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJ7tEws5mo

6YTJPUp
Thanks Leftybiker

(Right-click on "Image" and select "open in new tab). Imgur is being difficult - Mod

alozzy said:
Where did you source the pack and how much to you pay for it? Just curious how the price compares to what EV's Enhanced in NZ is asking, for their replacement LiFePO4 packs...

I charge 13000Euros, all in, for the whole 62kwh conversion, supplying and fitting a used pack - and I give back 100Euros per remaining kwh on the old pack, if it stays here :)
https://www.facebook.com/Nissan-Leaf-Battery-Swap-Upgrade-Europe-or-DIY-112044461137725
#EVsEnhanced

Back