Is the Leaf Navigation system dependent on a smartphone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fester

Looking at going full EV from my Prius soon, and considering an 2022 SV plus. Wondering if the Nav system has its own GPS and antenna, or is it dependent on a smartphones own GPS system? Hard to find a straight answer on this anywhere... I do have an iPhone but just in case I forgot it, and would need the Nav system would I be S.O.L?

fester said:
Looking at going full EV from my Prius soon, and considering an 2022 SV plus. Wondering if the Nav system has its own GPS and antenna, or is it dependent on a smartphones own GPS system? Hard to find a straight answer on this anywhere... I do have an iPhone but just in case I forgot it, and would need the Nav system would I be S.O.L?
The Leaf navigation system doesn’t require a smartphone. Having said that, I usually prefer to use my phone’s navigation through CarPlay. But the built in nav is a nice backup when cell service is lacking

The one feature I do like on the in car navigation, is that the turning directions are put up in the driver's screen. If you use Android Auto, it is on the center screen only.

If you use the in car, it helps if Sirius XM is activated as it will them show traffic conditions.

Thanks for the info. Good to know it is there just in case. I'll test both the Leaf's and my iPhone with (usually Sygic) and Carplay. Don't use any Nav much, and envy the folks who seem to have a built in sense of direction. I sure don't...

Back