Getting more frequent info from Carwings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougie175

Hello

Is there a setting within Carwings I need to change to get my car to report back / update the Nissan EV app more frequently?

The issue is that I go to Nissan EV and it only reports old data, sometimes its updated with the last time I started the car othertimes it can be a day or so out of date, the info it displays was correct at the time it says it was displaying it but the only way I can get up to date info after that is to hit the refresh symbol which will then force an update to the car and let me know the current status and data.

The images below should explain better than I can, both screenshots were taken within a miniute of eachother:

Ideally I want there to be a continuous feedback between my car and the Nissan EV app this would allow my smart charge to work correctly as currently the smart charges links into the NIssan API to requries feedback from the car as to its charge percentage so it can work out how long to charge and when to stop charing based on the feedback from the car, the problem is the car isn't updating the API data so the smart charger isn't able to function correctly.

Using the smart charge allows me to have much better and more options with the scheduled charging as the built in car one works perfectly but is very limiting in its settings and only allowing 1 charge per day.

If someone can please let me know how to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

That's odd. I had the same complaint, but after I was forced to update the app a month or two ago, it started refreshing itself a few seconds after opening. I suggest you try updating the Nissan Connect EV app.

LeftieBiker said:
That's odd. I had the same complaint, but after I was forced to update the app a month or two ago, it started refreshing itself a few seconds after opening. I suggest you try updating the Nissan Connect EV app.

Thanks, I have cleared the data, removed the app, restarted my phone then reinstalled it just to make sure I'm on the latest version and hopefully theres nothing left over from a faulty app install.

LeftieBiker said:

Hmm well that didn't work for me I still need to press refresh to get the latest info, however after installing the app again the disclaimer explains it pretty well shown below which goes in line with what other have said in that the apps work on a pull system from the API, i.e. the app will only update the info by manual request they don't work by the car pushing info to the app.

Disclaimer when first installing the app:

18:53 with app open for 10 minutes no updates then pressed the refresh button

18:53 after refresh pressed info updated to true info within 30 seconds.

Seems a bit strange Nissan have taken a pull approach to the info but basically I guess it means if something wants to get the info from the API it must request it as often as it needs

LeftieBiker said:
Are you using the Android version? Is it Nissan Connect EV? Because your screens don't look at all like mine.
I was about to say the same but I've never used Nissan Connect on iOS, but I did find screen shots in the apple store, so it looks just like the Android version. In that case, not sure what the OP is using for software?

857eu4M.jpg

Back