So, the leaf don't like......

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbles

EV Rides just reconditioned my 2011 leaf battery, went from SOH 46.80% , 2 charges per day max range about 41 miles to 87% SOH, max range about 90 miles and 12 bars, good enough for me, commute to and from work is about 12-16 miles, mostly flat with some various smaller hills

Some things I found out about the leaf, it don't like Mountain highways especially when they go mostly up!!! :) drove between Portland, OR and Tacoma, WA about 120 miles and three charges, stops were planned out but took more time than I thought because two of the stops were tesla stations

I drove about 65 in cruise mode but the mountain roads were absolutely destroying the mileage!!, so speed wasn't the issue

Bat Stats:

AHr 57.07
SOH 87%
Hx 72.34%

not sure what AHr & Hx mean

I am very thrilled!! Hope to keep it at least 2 years before serious degradation

Can someone point me to a thread on proper battery charging?? thanks!

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=539274#p539274 has pointers to historical to SOH vs. Hx info. AHr is amp hours.

Not sure what's meant by "stops were planned out but took more time than I thought because two of the stops were tesla stations". Were you using a https://www.tesla.com/destination-charging with Tesla to J1772 adapter or did you end up at a Supercharger site that you couldn't use at all?

Good to hear some feedback on EV Rides and that they were able to restore some much needed range...

Can you share the cost of the capacity restoration, what exactly they did, and what your overall experience was like with them?

should have said I ended up at Tesla super charge stations, cost for recon was $4750 installed including tax, was a very smooth experience, took them two days and out, would recommend them to anyone and if need be, they have the car shipped to them from anywhere in the U.S.

babbles said:
should have said I ended up at Tesla super charge stations, cost for recon was $4750 installed including tax, was a very smooth experience, took them two days and out, would recommend them to anyone and if need be, they have the car shipped to them from anywhere in the U.S.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Also, I only got a 24 kWh pack, a 62 kWh would have been $11,000 installed, I didn't want to invest that into a car i got for 2k

babbles said:
should have said I ended up at Tesla super charge stations,
I see. Those are useless for a non-Tesla. Make sure your filter in Plugshare by compatible plugs for your car (e.g. J1772 and CHAdeMO).

babbles said:
Also, I only got a 24 kWh pack, a 62 kWh would have been $11,000 installed, I didn't want to invest that into a car i got for 2k

Still, for $7k all in, you have an EV with 80+ miles range on a good day. That's an excellent deal, well done!

Back