30kWh and 40kWh module compatibility

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc33033

Hi, I'm struggling to find out if modules from a 40kWh pack can be retro fitted to a 30kWh pack. There seems to be two different part numbers for 30 kWh modules (295B9-4NP0A and 295B9-4NP1A) depending on which part of the pack they are situated in and I'm not sure of what the differences are between them and modules from a 40kWh pack?

Can anyone enlighten me? Thank you.

They use different chemistries - the electrolytes and electrode composition are not the same. Given that, and the lower capacity of the 30kwh modules, it is very unlikely that they are compatible within the same battery pack.

mc33033 said:
Hi, I'm struggling to find out if modules from a 40kWh pack can be retro fitted to a 30kWh pack. There seems to be two different part
That would be "no".
For some reason, the 30 kWh modules differentiate between where/which stack they are in...while the 40 kWh modules do not (another reason to avoid 30 kWh packs). I know this because I just replaced a module in my 40 kWh pack.

Seems like that's a no go then. I am surprised that there are no 30kWh modules for sale in the UK, easy to find 24 or 40 kWh modules but no 30s.

The 30kwh packs have a poor record, at least in the US. The packs tend to degrade rapidly in warmer climates, and evenly enough that virtually no one tries to fix them by replacing cells or modules.

Back