2015 plate, 2016 reg 30KWH 10 bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djfrancis

Evening and Merry Christmas to you all.

I am going to visit the car above in a few days, I have bought an OBD reader and will install Leafspy. It will be a second car for my wife as we have an ICE that I want to reduce the usage to long journey trips.

It currently has 63K Miles on the clock and I believe the warranty will run out in 2024. So I am chancing that I can get it to 8 bars before then and get a 40KWH battery. In terms of what I should be looking for on Leafspy as a red flag, is it overall SOH or anything else?

Thanks

Dan

The battery capactiy warranty on a 30kWh Leaf is 100k miles or 8 years from the date the vehicle was bought, To get a warranty replacement battery, there is a BMS firmware update that must be done first. You can determine whether the firmware update has been done by this procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4TsP3MN7ug

If the update hasn't been done, expect the number of bars to increase significantly once it is done, so plan accordingly.

LeftieBiker said:
The battery capacity warranty on a 30kWh Leaf is 100k miles or 8 years from the date the vehicle was bought,

It is usually from the day the car is "put into service" meaning when it is registered in the first owner's name.

Nissan has definition for "put into service" that could be when first registered, leased, or used as a dealer demo. You can check that date by contacting Nissan.

Back