TM Error on my 2015 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdFuel

Hi all, first post on this forum.

I bought my used leaf in September last year, and have had no problems whatsoever until today. Last week on Thursday, I left and caught a flight for a work trip and just returned. I chose to leave my vehicle in my garage not plugged in. I got home today, and was going to go pick up some dinner and the car doesn't turn on. I'm also not able to open the charging port. So I figure maybe the 12v is dead. I have a dash cam that records 24/7 and forgot to unplug it. I used my portable jumper to jump my 12v and notice the battery on it going down. I attempt to turn the car on and every light on the dash turns on and I get the message that says TM system malfunction. I briefly see that the core battery is still mostly full, around 71 miles left in it, before that turns off. Also, it says battery not detected, even though it was directly on the dash.

I bought the most expensive warranty they had when I bought the vehicle. I have dealt with a massive headache trying to find where to get the vehicle serviced, and I'm getting it towed to a nearby Nissan dealership in the morning. However, when speaking to the employee on the phone, they said "Okay so something is really wrong with it" when I told them it didn't detect the key. And they also can't look at it for several weeks.

Any advice on things I can do to fix it myself? I really don't want to replace the 12v unless we know for absolute certain that's the problem, because not only does it not turn on when I attempt to jump it, but the battery is only 7 months old. I seriously doubt that's the problem.

Thanks in advance. And if any other information could help, please let me know.

Welcome to the site.

Any advice on things I can do to fix it myself? I really don't want to replace the 12v unless we know for absolute certain that's the problem, because not only does it not turn on when I attempt to jump it, but the battery is only 7 months old. I seriously doubt that's the problem.

I'm afraid that when the 12 volt battery got fully drained and then left in that state, its age became pretty much irrelevant. It may come back with charging, but it will never have anything like new capacity. If it reads more than 12 volts at rest, though, it probably isn't the main issue. Still, it remains the #1 suspect until proven innocent.

Back