2018 Leaf DRL replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leungda

HI,

I have a 2018 Nissan Leaf SV. I found out one of the DRL was broken. I cannot find any compartment for it. It is a LED version. Do you have any idea how to replace the DRL?

I got a reply from Nissan Canada. see below

On your Leaf, the DRL is LED which is part of the whole headlamp assembly which are also LED for low and high beam.
Unfortunately, the LED DRL is not a serviceable item and will require a whole headlamp assembly to be replaced if the DRL has stopped working.

Left side (driver’s side) headlamp: $3180.32
Right side (passenger’s side) headlamp: $3180.32
Prices are for just the headlamp assembly.
ETA for both would be 2 business days to arrive from warehouse.

Yes the LED headlights are $2400+ in the US. I got backed into when my 2022 was 5 weeks old. New bumper, fender and driver headlight plus labor and paint was $5700. $2400 of that was the headlight. Ridiculous!

Check eBay or similar for a replacement headlight assembly.

I have a 2018 SV that came with halogens and swapped them out for the LED assemblies. They ran about $400/pc at the time. They were a straight swap. Sold my halogen assemblies for ~$150/ea after a long long wait for the right buyer and it offset some of the cost.

Removing the bottom bolt is the hardest part, and requires access from the wheel well and/or under the engine (also removing the whole plastic sheild), and you might find it easier just to snap it off... I'm not ashamed to say that's what i did.

Just double check the pictures to make sure required mounting clips etc are not broken (or too broken) and there's no holes in the assemblies. Sometimes the top mounting strap is broken off.

Feel free to message or respond if you have any questions on the replacement.

I just logged in today because my LH DRL failed about a year ago & now the RH failed about a month ago & I'm not happy that it's all integrated into the headlight assy. I guess I won't be fixing them after all....

Having DRL out for the right light due to crack in headlight and water in it. Crack fixed but can't find the replacement board. Right light board number is 2918388502. Can't find it for sale. Left one is different (mirrored) and has different part number, I have left light internals.
Replacing it requires bake opening the headlight. Don't do that in your food oven. Need special butyl sealant, amazon morimoto retrofit. Headlight is huge, won't fit standard oven, maybe double over will work. Need to preheat it to 200F and keep light in it for 15 minutes - there are YT videos. Headlight needs to be placed horizontally and not touch any hot metal of oven.
Replacing whole 2k+ light for few few bucks board is insane.

Back