"Pretend it is American"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

I owned a new1962 International Harvester Scout until the family outgrew it. It was a very simple vehicle. I suspect VW can really screw it up.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/volkswagen-bets-an-old-suv-can-help-it-win-over-americans-85319f04?st=meclgxf9sjo4ohx&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

I dunno. At least for the last 20 years or longer, I've never associated VW with good reliability. Whenever I've checked, VW-brand vehicles generally have below average reliability. A few have been ok/semi-good.

GerryAZ said:
I read that article this morning and thought VW is dreaming if they think they can trade on the name. I had friends whose parents had them. As you said--simple, reliable vehicles.
Just to be clear: Simple, reliable was referring to the IH Scout, not VW. I have never been a fan of VW, although the old air cooled boxer engines were simple and reliable (but grossly underpowered for North American highways).

Back