just bought 2020 leaf sv-supposed to be plus but I don't think so

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmydeluxe

I'm loving this car, but it's at 47% and 75mi. left. the total battery capacity is full which is nice. It's supposed to be a SV +

it's carmax so I have 30 days to return. what am I missing? This is my first EV so I'm just learning

What do you mean by 'the total battery capacity is full'? That it is showing all capacity bars still? Anyway, it's important to understand that the range estimator (called the Guess O Meter by many) is not always accurate even in the Gen II Leaf, so that alone doesn't make the car not a Plus. Can you show us the listing? Is there a badge on the rear of the car that identifies it as an ePlus?

The dismantling guide via https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/View.ashx?d=1&z=1&sku=2020-Nissan-Leaf-DG on page DG-8 mentions how to tell if a '20 Leaf is 40 or 62 kWh via the VIN.

Ditto via https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/View.ashx?d=1&z=1&sku=2020-Nissan-Leaf-FRG on page FRG-7.

Non-Plus is 40 kWh. '19 to '22 Plus are 62 kWh.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It is, in fact, "A" on the VIN. Carmax listed it as a SV plus

I charged to 100% (it stopped charging) and it says 161mi.

That's odd, isn't it-it's more than a leaf SV but much less than an SV plus?

I love the car but am concerned as I'm renting so no lvl 2 charger at home, and only one lvl 3 in Tucson which is apparently broken.

The level 1 charge at home was faster than expected but I haven't needed to drive much, either.

Maybe I can get a discount from Carmax.

Anyway, thanks for replies!

I suggest that you insist that they refund the difference in price between what they price the SV+ at, and what you should have paid for an SV40. Or use the Blue Book values to determine the refund.

jimmydeluxe said:
Thanks for the replies, everyone. It is, in fact, "A" on the VIN. Carmax listed it as a SV plus

I charged to 100% (it stopped charging) and it says 161mi.

That's odd, isn't it-it's more than a leaf SV but much less than an SV plus?

I love the car but am concerned as I'm renting so no lvl 2 charger at home, and only one lvl 3 in Tucson which is apparently broken.

The level 1 charge at home was faster than expected but I haven't needed to drive much, either.

Maybe I can get a discount from Carmax.

Anyway, thanks for replies!
If in Eco mode, no AC running and your last trips have been good efficiency (like +5 m/kWh), then it would be easy to get 161 miles on a full charge to show. A SV plus, unless the battery is toast, should still be showing well over +200 miles on full charge.

Back