Leaf support for computer download?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtegg

It would be really neat, if through the cell network or bluetooth to have the ability to download in csv (spreadsheet) or xml format the last several trips taken on the Leaf.

Things like:

Distance, battery SOC usage, which devices were on, eco mode, etc.

Does the Leaf have a download capability?

Also, since the car is online, will there be software updates made to the Leaf as we and Nissan get more experience with it?

curtegg said:
It would be really neat, if through the cell network or bluetooth to have the ability to download in csv (spreadsheet) or xml format the last several trips taken on the Leaf.

Things like:

Distance, battery SOC usage, which devices were on, eco mode, etc.

Does the Leaf have a download capability?

Also, since the car is online, will there be software updates made to the Leaf as we and Nissan get more experience with it?

Nobody knows these specifics, but Nissan has shown off a website where Leaf drivers will be able to see their rankings as far as frugality goes. Perhaps it will export some of the data you want. Beyond that there will should be a way to log data to a laptop or smartphone through the OBD-II port, eventually.

I'm sure software updates are a possibility but I doubt they'll be done online -- but again, this is all pure speculation.

Back