Rat
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011

Re: EVSE Home Assessment Reports

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 pm

JasonT wrote:
garygid wrote:Do we know of ANYBODY, even one person, who has ACCEPTED their AV bid?
As near as I can tell, there currently is no way to accept the quote/bid. So even if someone wants to accept it, I don't believe they can at this time.
I think all you have to do is follow the three-step process outlined on the Nissan website. Accept the bid and schedule it. I don't know if the electricians have the units in stock yet, but I think you can accept now, maybe schedule now, and you would be contractually bound.
2011 SL down to 9 capacity bars
OnWords

JasonT

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Rat wrote:I think all you have to do is follow the three-step process outlined on the Nissan website. Accept the bid and schedule it. I don't know if the electricians have the units in stock yet, but I think you can accept now, maybe schedule now, and you would be contractually bound.
I can find no way on the website to accept the bid but I suspect no one can - I looked back at the "tell me more about the installation" and it lists this as Step 2 (step 1 ends with receive the quote):
1.pay AeroVironment Inc. in full. you can do this anytime after you've ordered your Nissan LEAF
2.Include the price in your Nissan LEAF retail installment loan
3.include the cost in your Nissan LEAF lease
So I believe you "accept" the bid by paying AeroVironment, or commiting to pay AeroVironment through your loan/lease. Since no one can order the car, no one can accept the bid yet.

driveleaf

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Just got my quote, after a home assessment on July 5th, 2010.

Your quote details
product/service description quantity unit price line total
Custom Installation 1 2,667.81 2,667.81
Installation Permit and Processing 1 200.00 200.00
Charging Dock, Wall Mount 25' Cable 1 721.12 721.12
Shipping and Delivery 1 49.95 49.95
Total(before tax) $ 3,638.88
Sales Tax $ 70.66
Total US $ 3,709.54

Pull permit. Install (1) 40 Ampere 240 Volt circuit breaker in existing utility panel. Install 100 feet of feeder from utility panel to wall mounted Charging Dock. Feeder (Conduit or Romex wire) will be mounted to existing surfaces or run through crawl space or attic. Charging Dock will be installed on customer preferred location and will be fully tested and certified with proprietary service tool. Customer will be trained on operation and troubleshooting and inspector will be called for verification.

------

I think I'm with you guys. Looks like I'm going cash and carry, and using the existing untapped 240v wiring in the garage that the AV electrician didn't even want to talk about. Sorry my in home #10 wiring isn't military spec.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”