1 year service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the year check, and it was all 5 stars, as reported above.
It cost $55 for tire rotation, wash, loaner car and the various services. That was more than I wanted to pay but it was good to establish the relationship with the Leaf service manager.

A curious thing happened, however. Not sure if it was Nissan or Apple, but I updated my older iPhone the same day as the car got its 1 year check and software update and....
Now, I get the titles and other details of the tunes that are being played on the NAV screen.

I think it was an Apple function. I also had to make two bluetooth conmnections; one for the phone and one for the music on the phone.

thankyouOB said:
A curious thing happened, however. Not sure if it was Nissan or Apple, but I updated my older iPhone the same day as the car got its 1 year check and software update and....
Now, I get the titles and other details of the tunes that are being played on the NAV screen.

I think it was an Apple function. I also had to make two bluetooth conmnections; one for the phone and one for the music on the phone.

I noticed something similar when I updated the iPhone to iOS 5. So I think it's something on the phone OS, not in the car.

Each gas diffuses ("leaks") independently, toward the area (really volume) of least concentration of THAT gas.

So, if there is no O2 inside the tire and a partial pressure of O2 outside the tire of about 14.7 * 0.20 (20% of air), that 2.94 psi difference in the O2 pressure will drive the O2 INTO the tire.

Or, so I was taught in Chemistry many years ago.

I know, counter-intuitive, but they said that the gas has so much "empty space" between molecules that (at normal pressures and temperatures), the different gasses do not interact much.

Yes, they were speaking of diffusion of gasses, but it should still hold for diffusion across permeable membranes.

Or, so "they" said.

ttweed said:
planet4ever said:
By the way, I read Gary's post as meaning just the opposite of the way Tom took it.
Not sure how you could interpret what Gary wrote that way, Ray, since he clearly said "...if the O2 leaks out so easily, it would also "leak" INTO a pure Nitrogen-filled tire."
Very simple, Tom. It's all a matter of understanding the English language. You read Gary's "into" as two words, IN TO, so you came up with "leak in". I read it as one word, into = becoming, as in, "For centuries alchemists searched for a way to convert lead into gold." So I came up with "air becoming pure nitrogen".

Ray

[Sorry, I've never managed to escape the 50 years of constant corrections from my mother, who was an English teacher. :) ]

garygid said:
Isn't "pour the water into the glass" a correct usage of "into"?
You got me. Yes, it is, and in your original statement, "tire" was the noun and "nitrogen-filled" the adjective. So Tom read correctly, "into the tire", and I read incorrectly, "into nitrogen." My apologies to both of you. I have once again failed my dearly departed mother. :(

Ray

We know it sends additional info to Nissan in the case of the annual battery report... Exactly what is not known to my knowledge...

garygid said:
Does anybody know if the Consult III+ machine sends "hidden" info to Nissan?
If so, what info, and how is it sent?

Do we know how this info is sent from the Consult III+?

Does it have a Web or Phone connection?

Does it tell the LEAF to transmit the info?

If so, to Carwings, or to some other phone number or computer system?

Hmm I had my 1 year check about a month ago, and people talk about a report and stars and stuff. I never received anything such documentation or battery report from my service. Should i have gotten one? Should I be concerned that a battery check was not done and my warrenty was voided? Granted they took my car into the heavy work service bay (assuming their small light "oil change" service bay doesn't have the fancy machine) and my car came back down an addittion 2 whole bars (does the battery check drain the battery??). Hmm...

TomT said:
garygid said:
Does anybody know if the Consult III+ machine sends "hidden" info to Nissan?
If so, what info, and how is it sent?
We know it sends additional info to Nissan in the case of the annual battery report... Exactly what is not known to my knowledge...
Phil posted the info that was sent in a thread somewhere, I'll try to dig it up.

Edit: Here's the thread: Annual Battery Inspection - Seekrit Data Report

Pipcecil said:
Hmm I had my 1 year check about a month ago, and people talk about a report and stars and stuff. I never received anything such documentation or battery report from my service. Should i have gotten one? Should I be concerned that a battery check was not done and my warrenty was voided? Granted they took my car into the heavy work service bay (assuming their small light "oil change" service bay doesn't have the fancy machine) and my car came back down an addittion 2 whole bars (does the battery check drain the battery??). Hmm...
If I were, I would ask for the report.

My Chandler AZ Power Nissan dealer wanted $180 bucks for a severe service, I wanted the lowest which was still almost $100 for the cabin filter, tire rotate and battery check. All batteries were perfect. What a ripoff.

An EV needs almost no service. They keep sending me OIL change offers but a LEAF has no OIL. When will they learn?

The service manager even bragged about his Titan that get almost 26 mpg. That is so last century.

Good thread...I go in May 8th for the 15000 miles check up..I made my appointment in person today and question them in why they charged me $ 89 last time I was in for my 7500 mile check,his reply was that they did other service on the car too(wash and tire rotation) :shock: I brought up this web site and question why other dealerships around the USA do it all for free,he ask me which ones,I said go to my Leaf.com and look for the thread under battery checks..

mark13 said:
I brought up this web site and question why other dealerships around the USA do it all for free,he ask me which ones,I said go to my Leaf.com and look for the thread under battery checks..
Just remember that Nissan does not own the dealerships, so YMMV.

mark13 said:
Good thread...I go in May 8th for the 15000 miles check up..I made my appointment in person today and question them in why they charged me $ 89 last time I was in for my 7500 mile check,his reply was that they did other service on the car too(wash and tire rotation) :shock: I brought up this web site and question why other dealerships around the USA do it all for free,he ask me which ones,I said go to my Leaf.com and look for the thread under battery checks..

Who told you that you had to do a 7500 mile checkup? The only checkup required in the first year is the free battery pack check. Discount tire may do your rotations for free every 5000-6000 miles (their rec.) The brake fluid can be flushed every two years for about $5 labor plus the fluid at EVIT (auto tech school). I doubt seriously that it would need changed after only one year. I've already told the service guy that all I'm having done is the yearly battery pack check in June.

Back