12.11.10 - Today the Electric Revolution Begins

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you attend the launch events ?

• Yes

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • May Be

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • No

Votes: 65 67.0%

• Total voters
Just sent LiveStream an eMail review of their services at the Nissan event today. Feel free to join in by Contacting Them :)

they are now showing the Bear commercial, and the making of the Bear commercial...
then a video with Lance Armstrong, driving around
now more Leaf commercials...

What is going on?

Dow Jones

Nissan Delivers First All-Electric Leaf To California Customer

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

A northern California man became Nissan Motor's (NSANY, 7201.TO) first customer to take delivery of its Leaf all-electric car
, the company announced Saturday.

Olivier Chalouhi, 31 years old, of Redwood City, Calif., took delivery of a black Nissan Leaf SL from a dealer in Petaluma. The company then held a celebratory press event outside San Francisco's city hall.

The company is slowly rolling out its Leaf line throughout the month and expects the car to be available nationally in 2012, according to a press statement.

Nissan said it is working with regional and state governments and utilities on the infrastructure upgrades required for the rollout.

FAIL! I left the stream running while I was wrapping some gifts for xmas. I finally switched it off when they went to playing the commercials. Hopefully Nissan will have pro-shot video footage that they can post on their FB page. Congrats to Gudy! We all expect detailed driving impressions from the first real consumer to receive a LEAF. ;)

Oh darn . . . I couldn't make it . . . so, back to hating the Nissan dashboard, and all that's wrong with it
:lol:

Just returned from the San Francisco City Hall Plaza delivery event.

Was fun. They had a guy in a (very realistic) polar bear costume posing for photos in front of a LEAF. Very subtle, Nissan. :)

Then the first customer drove in. Mobbed by press. The event was very well attended by media – at least 30 different cameras. The First LEAF Family sat in the front row during the speeches, photographed & filmed constantly.

Speeches were interesting but mostly predictable. Dawn of a new era, the time for electric vehicles has come, etc etc.

Only notable moment for me during the speeches was when the Nissan North America chairman mentioned that everyone with an order would have their car delivered by “end of summer 2011.” Which is a bit of a bummer because a) I only just put my order in a few weeks ago (putting me at the back of the line – whoops), and b) Nissan’s most recent email said I could expect it 4-7 months from now (which would mean June). Hope it doesn’t take until Sept!

But that’s just me being overly eager and self-interested. Seriously, congrats to Nissan for a landmark moment and for pushing the electric car vision forward.

-Brian

(First post, too. Hi.)

Tune into the "CBS Evening News", just saw a teaser for the Leaf 1st delivery, it will be on within 30 minutes... I am on the East Coast FYI

Back