12 V battery report 2021 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I have been watching the 12 V battery saga’s.

I am a commercial pilot and have been away at training. My 2021 Leaf staying outside with about a 75% charge on the main battery. It was sitting from January 6th through Today, February 3rd.

It worked flawlessly. No problem unlocking the car - no issues driving the car.

The only thing that I noticed was that after about three weeks of sitting, the Leaf app no longer communicated with the car. Do not know if this was just a coincidence (I only tried it a couple of times so it may have been a transient network issue) or a real issue.

Anyway, at least for now, in this particular 2021 model, the 12V batter will carry the car for at least four weeks.

Thanks,

Phil

you car uses the traction battery to charge the 12 volt battery every 24 hours. The app not connecting happens to me sometimes. Both, of those things are well documented here.

Sounds like you got a new type cert.

you car uses the traction battery to charge the 12 volt battery every 24 hours. The app not connecting happens to me sometimes. Both, of those things are well documented here.

Sounds like you got a new type cert.
Yea…you are right on both counts. There has just been so much angst about it but it sure seems to work in my 2021.

You are also right on the new type…number 8. Challenger 604/5. Four weeks at FSI in Wilmington…that was enough…😀

Back