16 mv with Lead Spy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudynfld

Hey folks, just trying out my leaf spy pro for the first time. The cells top to bottom difference is 16 mV. Is there a way that anyone knows of or is it even necessary to have this balanced out, from what I understand lowered millivolts the better? I Charge at a slow 20 amp level two now. Come on I can understand the slower 240v Is healthier for the battery, will this also help even out the Cell’s?

Hey folks, just trying out my leaf spy pro for the first time. The cells top to bottom difference is 16 mV. Is there a way that anyone knows of or is it even necessary to have this balanced out, from what I understand lowered millivolts the better? I Charge at a slow 20 amp level two now. Come on I can understand the slower 240v Is healthier for the battery, will this also help even out the Cell’s?
14mv difference is low and quite good (my 22' SV+ stays in that range). I don't think we'd get a zero differential practically, but you're just fine at 14mv. If you start getting 50,100 or plus mv's, I'd start keeping a close eye on things. I don't think the BMS system has any problem with either 20A or 12A "trickle" is all I require being retired and make a 25 mile round trip every two or three days. Heat is something that most any battery has trouble with, and higher charge currents produce more heat... Use the lowest charge rate you need, that will produce the least heat (ambient temp will factor here too).

Back