1st annual report gives me 4 stars for long term parking

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lion

So I just got the results of the 1st annual battery check, and everything is 5 stars except for the 'long term parking with high state of charge.' line, which has 4 stars.

I drive my vehicle almost every day, so between that and the fact that the 2014+ no longer has the 80% charging option, I'm somewhat confused about this.

The only thing I can think of is that I charge my vehicle when I get home after work, so it does sit there for 12 hours or so, but 90% of the time, I only charge to 80% (the other 10% is during cold weather).

Does anyone know how this is calculated, and if I can get access to the raw data?

lion said:
The only thing I can think of is that I charge my vehicle when I get home after work, so it does sit there for 12 hours or so, but 90% of the time, I only charge to 80% (the other 10% is during cold weather).

I think you answered your own question; try setting an "end-timer only" before you leave for work in the morning (that's what I do).

It is rather amusing that Nissan is dinging owners for a situation that they themselves created by their scamming of the EPA mileage numbers in the 2014...

+1 for using the end timer. If you need charge immediately use the override button.

Otherwise niether dealer gave me a report card so it must not be that important.

I stopped using the end timer as my Aerovironment EVSE emits a very loud buzz while charging, and the relay is pretty loud as well. The wall it's mounted on is shared with the master bedroom (something I'll have to redesign), so it wakes me up.

Back