1st month usage SAVED US $71.46 in gas cost

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pianoman

Got our electric bill and calculated what SAVINGS we got in our 1st month of LEAF ownership.

Miles Driven: 593 miles
Our electricity charging cost: $14.06
Equivalent Gas cost: $85.53
SAVINGS: $71.46

Pretty impressive IMHO.

pianoman said:
Got our electric bill and calculated what SAVINGS we got in our 1st month of LEAF ownership.

Miles Driven: 593 miles
Our electricity charging cost: $14.06
Equivalent Gas cost: $85.53
SAVINGS: $71.46

Pretty impressive IMHO.

What are they charging per kwh? You could have paid $85.53 in electricity & i'd still be impressed. Just the simple fact that you no longer have to stop for smelly petrol is great!

That's not much gasoline expense. Most of the people I've talked to that only drive ICEs pay anywhere from $100 to $250 every month and some even more.

supra410 said:
Wow! I'm very fortunate my juice is only 6.3 cents per kwh. Was spending around $400 a month is gas. Now $50 tops.. :)

You are, WPS in WI is 6.842 cents, but that's at a off peak rate. On peak is 22.46. Without being on the "Time of use" plan, it is 13(ish) cents.

I haven't searched, sorry, is there a "What do you pay per Kw" thread??

Sorry to Hijack....

Back on topic, Congrats to the OP. I'm saving $200 ish, $300ish if I was using my truck. :D

Redjr said:
supra410 said:
Wow! I'm very fortunate my juice is only 6.3 cents per kwh. Was spending around $400 a month is gas. Now $50 tops.. :)

You are, WPS in WI is 6.842 cents, but that's at a off peak rate. On peak is 22.46. Without being on the "Time of use" plan, it is 13(ish) cents.

I haven't searched, sorry, is there a "What do you pay per Kw" thread??

Sorry to Hijack....

Back on topic, Congrats to the OP. I'm saving $200 ish, $300ish if I was using my truck. :D

I live in a rual area, so power is provided by a co-op. That rate is good 24/7 until the momths of june-sept and it jumps to a staggering 8.2 cents.

Back