2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Nor CA, got quoted $259/mo for 39 month lease, 0 down. 12k mi/yr for a SL.

Options for this lease are:
39 Month Lease, 12k Miles @ Year
$3999 Down = $160 @ Month*
$2499 Down = $196 @ Month*
$1999 Down = $209 @ Month*
$ZERO Down = $259 @ Month*

Seems like the zero down is the best option.

Atlanta GA
24 month lease $299/month $0 down

24 months*$299=$7176 invested
$5k Ga state tax credit
Total invested $2176/24 months=$90.67

We are really excited for our new leaf, hubby is doing paperwork right now, and should be home in the next hour!

ashleyLeafGA said:
Atlanta GA

$5k Ga state tax credit

We are really excited for our new leaf, hubby is doing paperwork right now, and should be home in the next hour!

That's a great deal! Where did you get it? I am headed to Regal Nissan on Friday to pick one up.

Here is the deal I'm getting in Florida For an SL.

24 Months Leas
Total Selling Price 35,750.00
Customer Rebate 8,025.00
Total Capital Reduction -8,025.00
Capital Cost 28,375.55
Residual Value $ 21,431.00 (56%)
Money Factor 0.00003

Cash due $1,999

Comes out to $291 + TAX a month

Seems too high to me.

bronsonb said:
ashleyLeafGA said:
Atlanta GA

$5k Ga state tax credit

That's a great deal! Where did you get it? I am headed to Regal Nissan on Friday to pick one up.

Nalley Nissan in Decatur, that have like 15 more there too.

Now if Nalley had quoted me numbers like that when I e-mailed them, they'd still be in the running. :shock:

I contacted them, and they wouldn't give me ANY info without a signed credit application. The best I could get off of their Web site was $2000 down and $249 a month for 36 months, which wasn't really in the ballpark I was looking for.

Glad to hear you got a good deal though. Friends of mine just leased from Nalley, and I wanted to contact them, but they would never get back to me with their sales person's name. *sigh*

I'm very happy with the deal I got though. Most of the ATL dealers seem to have numerous ones of the lot. I wonder if the incentives will really start flowing next month :cry:

Noticed that the dealer here in St. Louis (Bommarito) where I leased my SV in October is advertising the $4500 lease deal again: $2700 down and $75/month for 24 months. When you add in taxes/registration, even if you go to $0 down, it is a heck of a deal.

Ladewig said:
Noticed that the dealer here in St. Louis (Bommarito) where I leased my SV in October is advertising the $4500 lease deal again: $2700 down and $75/month for 24 months. When you add in taxes/registration, even if you go to $0 down, it is a heck of a deal.

I looked at Bommarito and talked with a great sales person there. Unfortunately, when all of the taxes and fees were added in, the deal for an SL was about the same price as I can get locally. The SV was about $1000 less. However, neither price included shipping to ATL, which would be another $300 - $500. At that point, it wasn't worth it. Of course, I could fly up and drive the car back, but that would take 5 - 6 days with having to stop and charge it along the way...assuming enough charging stations could be strung together at the right points along the way.

But I will say that my experience with Bommarito was very good. We just couldn't get to a price that made it worthwhile for me. They still have SVs though, and those cannot be found in ATL.

Yes, the SL lease is basically the same you can get anywhere. The real deals are on the SV around here. We don't have any QC stations here so there really was no point in getting a SL when I bought mine. The rest of the addon features were all "meh" to me.

bronsonb said:
I looked at Bommarito and talked with a great sales person there. Unfortunately, when all of the taxes and fees were added in, the deal for an SL was about the same price as I can get locally. The SV was about $1000 less. However, neither price included shipping to ATL, which would be another $300 - $500. At that point, it wasn't worth it.
But I will say that my experience with Bommarito was very good. We just couldn't get to a price that made it worthwhile for me. They still have SVs though, and those cannot be found in ATL.

Hi everyone. Newbie here. I’m in Pennsylvania, suburbs of Philly. Been lurking for a while, but am close to signing a lease agreement for a 2012, possibly tomorrow. Looking for some advice.

Yesterday, I went to two different dealers and looked at the SL model on a 39 month, 12k miles per year lease.

First dealer: $1500 for my trade, Monthly payment of $268, Residual - approx $17,600

Second dealer (after some negotiating): $2000 for my trade, Monthly payment $249, Residual - approx $17,900.

I told the second dealer that I did not want to pay any additional fees upfront and he assured me that the ONLY payment I would make at the inception of the lease is the first monthly payment on the lease ($249 + 9% tax in Pa).

I told the second dealer I would let them know Monday morning. I really wanted to get an offer from a third dealer, but am wondering if the second offer is as good as I’m going to get. Also, how long can I stall the second dealer and still hold on to that deal?

Any advice or input is appreciated.

Ready2Go said:
I told the second dealer I would let them know Monday morning. I really wanted to get an offer from a third dealer, but am wondering if the second offer is as good as I’m going to get. Also, how long can I stall the second dealer and still hold on to that deal?

Any advice or input is appreciated.

I'd say you can stall him as long as he has what you want on the lot. ;) Did you happen to do a head count of how many units they had? In Atlanta, the dealers all seemed to have at least 3 or 4 and some had upwards of 12. I was told that they are selling quickly, so out go the ones on the lot and in come new ones. But that might be a story.

You could always tell dealer two that you're close to making a decision and for him to please contact you ASAP if anything changes, but dealers are in the business to move cars, so unless you have a deposit on one, it can be sold at any time.

The best 39 month offer I got (ATL area) was for $1000 down (which included payment 1) and 38 payments of $240.29 (not including tax). There might be a little wiggle room...maybe a 200 - 400 at most. It doesn't hurt to ask the dealer to come down $400 and settle for dealer coming down $200. If you don't ask, the answer is always no, eh? Good luck!

I would change it to 24 or 36 months. You will be without a warranty for three months, which is very risky. A lot of people are getting similar deals for 24 mos. with no money down. I would try other dealers.

I don't think it is big deal on a Leaf. Nothing expensive is likely to happen in the span between 36 month and 48 months (the maximum lease term), and the Powertrain and EV System Coverage is 60 months / 60,000 miles regardless. The battery is "warranted" for even longer than that... I didn't give that aspect a second thought when I opted for my 48 month lease.

LEAFfan said:
I would change it to 24 or 36 months. You will be without a warranty for three months, which is very risky. A lot of people are getting similar deals for 24 mos. with no money down. I would try other dealers.

I'd say you can stall him as long as he has what you want on the lot. ;) Did you happen to do a head count of how many units they had? In Atlanta, the dealers all seemed to have at least 3 or 4 and some had upwards of 12. I was told that they are selling quickly, so out go the ones on the lot and in come new ones. But that might be a story.

They had one (Blue SL,) I think it was their demo. They told me they'd be able to get the one I wanted (White SL) in 2-3 days.

They had one (Blue SL,) I think it was their demo. They told me they'd be able to get the one I wanted (White SL) in 2-3 days.

Sounds like you have time to shop some more then. Not that the demo is necessarily a problem, but if the cost is going to be same for the demo or a new one, I'd get the one right off the truck. Now if they are discounting the demo, but it's still considered new, then you might be able to get a sweet deal. I know in GA, even if it's the demo, if it's not been titled, you can count it as new and take all of the rebates that apply.

I gotta say that the blue color appealed to me BEFORE I saw it in person. Once I saw it, I didn't like the combo of the interior with the exterior. It wasn't bad...just not my favorite. I think the white and silver colors are the best, but the cranberry was nice too. I've only seen one black one, but we already have one black car as it is.

Good luck.

I'd second the recommendation for a 36 month lease. At the very least you'll save by not having to do a third battery diagnostic. Nissan covers the first two.

About the ONLY bugaboo I could think of with the 36 or 39 month lease would be the increased likelihood of needing to get new tires. With 24 months, unless you really hit the miles, you'll probably NOT need them. At 36 or 39 months, a good driver will still probably NOT need tires. But it's just a consideration.

I did 24 just because it was less expensive and I felt there might be some better options by then. If not, I might buy the one I have or look for another used one. Happy so far 3 days into my ownership. Wife got questioned about it at Whole Foods today. Since she was headed that way, I told her to take the Leaf over my VW, and she did so much shopping she was able to "free charge" the car to full! Woo hoo! Free gas!!!

i did 36 month lease and i will be extremely PO'd if i have to get new tires just before the lease ends. Steve has 57K miles and still has very good tread on his tires and i hope to have the same. I guess to hit around 40,000 at my lease end

DaveinOlyWA said:
i did 36 month lease and i will be extremely PO'd if i have to get new tires just before the lease ends. Steve has 57K miles and still has very good tread on his tires and i hope to have the same. I guess to hit around 40,000 at my lease end

Make sure you rotate them often then.

ztanos said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Make sure you rotate them often then.

every 5,000 miles generally (have just about 5600 since last rotation but hope to get both cars rotated this week (said that 2 weeks in a row now...)

Back