2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to chime in on the deals going on in Middle Tennessee. They are getting very aggressive on the 2012 Leaf lease deals. If you just walked into a random dealer you could get $999 down and $229 mth with 12K a year on a SL 2012. I just leased this past week and traded a car in for 3K, 0 down, 15K miles a year, 24 mth, $159 a month. This includes a $500 check to cover the 220V charger install ($1400 is included for the charger/install leaving about $500 short for typical $900 install, thus the check).

Just wanted to chime in on the deals going on in Middle Tennessee. They are getting very aggressive on the 2012 Leaf lease deals. If you just walked into a random dealer you could get $999 down and $229 mth with 12K a year on a SL 2012. I just leased this past week and traded a car in for 3K, 0 down, 15K miles a year, 24 mth, $159 a month. This includes a $500 check to cover the 220V charger install ($1400 is included for the charger/install leaving about $500 short for typical $900 install, thus the check).
Can you post the details of your lease, that would be very helpful.
Thanks!

Picking up a 2012 SL tomorrow :D

Need to decide on one of two lease options, both take in to account 12k mi/year and $2000 for my trade:

24 months @ $142/month (includes 9% PA tax on lease) - residual value $21,400

39 months @ $185/month (includes 9% PA tax on lease) - residual value $17,900

Decisions, decisions ... any thoughts are appreciated

Ready2Go said:
Picking up a 2012 SL tomorrow :D

Need to decide on one of two lease options, both take in to account 12k mi/year and $2000 for my trade:

24 months @ $142/month (includes 9% PA tax on lease) - residual value $21,400

39 months @ $185/month (includes 9% PA tax on lease) - residual value $17,900

Decisions, decisions ... any thoughts are appreciated

I think I'd take the 24 month lease as it IS less expensive even when you calculate the "per month" price. Plus, I'd like to think that in two years, the newer models might have better battery capacity and such. So if there are improvements, you aren't tied to the 2012 if you don't want to be.

Plus, even though the residual is less with the 39 month lease, that is offset by the fact that you are making 15 extra payment to Nissan that actually total MORE than the difference between the 24 month residual and the 39 month residual.

So maybe take the 24 month (a smokin' deal BTW) and then if you want, buy it in two years. The finance guy told me Nissan WOULD NOT negotiate on the purchase price in two years, but I've seen 2011 Leafs sell for less than that on e-Bay with less than 10K miles, so I can't believe Nissan would want to get stuck with one if they could sell it to the person driving it.

Just my $.02 worth.

I think I'd take the 24 month lease as it IS less expensive even when you calculate the "per month" price. Plus, I'd like to think that in two years, the newer models might have better battery capacity and such. So if there are improvements, you aren't tied to the 2012 if you don't want to be.

Went with the 24 month option.

Got lucky with the deal as the dealership needed to get one more Leaf out the door to meet a certain Leaf incentive with Nissan for the month of November. Must be something to shopping at the end of the month :idea:

Time to straighten up the garage and make room for the SL :cool:

Take the 24 month lease for the win. In two years better battery, new models, longer range. Saw today release pixs of BMW i3 coupe and it looks awesome. It is on my list now along w Infiniti EV , honda accord hybrid and Tesla S once it is available for lease.

Ian B

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/27/i3-coupe-concept-continues-to-evolve-bmws-electric-aspirations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just picked up an SV in Phoenix. I researched pricing quite a bit, and decided on the SV because the residual was 1% higher (or so I thought), and I don't need any of the SL features. Tracking down and SV was quite a challenge. There was only one in town, and the dealer didn't really want to sell it, because they used it as bait for their ads. Finally found one posted on ebay, from a local dealer. When I called, it was already sold, but he found me another one.

Anyway, here are the details:

24 month lease, 15k mi/year.
MSRP: 36,220
Purchase Price: 33,900
Rebate: 9,075
Fees: (Dealer fees, license, first month payment): 703.22
Residual: 20,283.20 (56%)
Money Factor: .00003 (~0.072%)
Adjusted cap (inc acquisition fee of 595): 26,123.22
Zero out of pocket, no trade in.
Payment $244.72/month + tax

It's REALLY easy to calculate these leases. Typically, it's a somewhat complicated formula: http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/the-lease-formula/. With the interest rate near zero, the formula can be greatly simplified to:
Code:
(Adjusted Cap Cost - Residual) / Number of months in the lease term
So for my example, (26,123 - 20,283) / 24 = 243.33 which is off by $1.39/month, which is the interest paid each month.

I've seen much better deals posted here, but the lease terms vary by region. I received a 9,075 rebate from NMAC in AZ, but I know CA gets 9,975 rebate, which would have been ~$30/month lower lease. To compare, we really need to look at MSRP, and purchase price before rebate. In my case, it's $2,320 under MSRP. Once that is negotiated, then just make sure you are getting the buy rate on the Money Factor (they can mark that up), and watch for dealer fees. Also, I highly recommend zero down on leases. If the vehicle is totaled, or possibly bought back under a lemon law, you will not see any of the down payment back. Plus, it's only costing you pennies in extra interest.

Just picked up an SL in Roseville, Ca last weekend for $159 plus tax per month. Total out of pocket was $2600 ($2500 I will get back from the state rebate). 39 month lease.

Just picked up my new White SL on Saturday at Power Nissan of South Bay. I worked directly with Tim Kling who gave me what I thought was a great deal. When it was all said and done I walked away with a 36 month lease, 12K miles per year for 228.99 after taxes. The car MSRP was $38,785, so with the $9,775 from Nissan he threw in 2K more and then reduced the cost of the vehicle down over 3K giving me a total of 5K in reduction above the Nissan deal. He had SV's in stock but I really wanted the few features the SL come with like the auto headlights and home link. The backup camera is a little akward since I am not used to it, but I think in time I can learn to use it to my advantage. I was also working with Danny at Fontana Nissan who has SL's and was offering similar deals to include a Level 2 unit for home for free. The issue with Danny's deal was more of a location thing for me, I live in the South Bay so driving to Fontana was a pretty big commitment. Danny was great though and I would absolutely recommend both he and Tim to anyone if they were to ask.

I'm looking into the Ecotality offer now to see what the costs are to install their Blink system in the detached garage which has a sub panel and 50 Amps of service but I may simply end up upgrading the level 1 EVSE to 2 and install my own 240 connection from that sub-panel.

Jeremy

jeremy4755 said:
Just picked up my new White SL on Saturday at Power Nissan of South Bay. I worked directly with Tim Kling who gave me what I thought was a great deal. When it was all said and done I walked away with a 36 month lease, 12K miles per year for 228.99 after taxes. The car MSRP was $38,785, so with the $9,775 from Nissan he threw in 2K more and then reduced the cost of the vehicle down over 3K giving me a total of 5K in reduction above the Nissan deal.

That sounds like a great deal.. Congrats! Maybe I'll see you around South Bay! I virtually got the same deal a few weeks ago, except I had to go all the way to Performance Nissan in Duarte. Just curious, did you have to put any money down or a trade?

wow i'm bummed reading this, i leased on orphan '11 in April 2012 for $299 a month, 39 month lease after trading my Altima - sounds like I'd be paying half as much for the same deal now!
I do love the car though, now that I'm comfortable with its limitations, it really is awesome.

joetesta said:
wow i'm bummed reading this, i leased on orphan '11 in April 2012 for $299 a month, 39 month lease after trading my Altima - sounds like I'd be paying half as much for the same deal now!
I do love the car though, now that I'm comfortable with its limitations, it really is awesome.

Join the club Joe! its a big one!

my payments are only $162 a month but if you factor my downpayment my weighted monthly payment is actually over $400. what can i say? MF was not so good back then and mine was not even as good as it could have been

I may be putting my leased 2012 SL in the classifieds.

I need a little more range. My wife has a Volt and I thought I could make this car work.

I would need about $1500 and you pay the transfer fees. The lease is $199 a month including tax.

Car has 1500 miles on it with 22 months remaining.

Nissan really wants to move out the remaining 2012 models, I'm getting suspicious that there is something about the 2013s that we are not being told...

Hello everyone, hoping for some feed back on a lease offer:

Nor Cal
msrp: 38415 (splash and floor mats)
Cap Cost: 35800
Bank Fee: 595
Cap Reducation: ~$9840 (with Nissan/Fed rebate + $1500 minus tax, license, gov fees)
residual: 47%
Deposition fee: $395
39 months
39,000 miles
$1500 drive off. (trying to keep monthly < $240)
Comes out to about $235/month (including rent and tax).

TIA!

Herm said:
Nissan really wants to move out the remaining 2012 models, I'm getting suspicious that there is something about the 2013s that we are not being told...

considering that we have not been told "anything" at all, I guess u b right

DaveinOlyWA said:
Herm said:
considering that we have not been told "anything" at all, I guess u b right.

The Japanese improvements are all the same as the TN LEAF except for the charger.

jeremy4755 said:
Just picked up my new White SL on Saturday at Power Nissan of South Bay. I worked directly with Tim Kling who gave me what I thought was a great deal. When it was all said and done I walked away with a 36 month lease, 12K miles per year for 228.99 after taxes. The car MSRP was $38,785, so with the $9,775 from Nissan he threw in 2K more and then reduced the cost of the vehicle down over 3K giving me a total of 5K in reduction above the Nissan deal.

Was this $0 drive-off? That would be awesome

LEAFfan said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Herm said:
considering that we have not been told "anything" at all, I guess u b right.

The Japanese improvements are all the same as the TN LEAF except for the charger.

dont believe that. was there an official announcement that i missed? a link would be appreciated

anyone have an estimate of how many 2012's are left to sell/lease?

Back