2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,

Just leased Red SL 2 weeks ago, awesome car, enjoying every minute... :)

Below is my lease details, after reading the forum in last couple of days, this lease looks okay, not the best. I somewhat feel I should have negotiated more. :( Please help with your feedback -

SF Bay Area
Cap Cost: $36,890
Cap Reduction: $10,661
Adj Cap Cost: $26,228
Residual: $18,614
36 months lease
12,000 miles per year
$2500 drive off.
Monthly payment: $231 (including rent and tax)

Applied for the CA rebate and Blink.

Thank you all!!!!

sam4205 said:
Hello all,

Below is my lease details, after reading the forum in last couple of days, this lease looks okay, not the best. I somewhat feel I should have negotiated more. :( Please help with your feedback -

Thank you all!!!!

Congrats it's a good lease. Best feedback I can give you is to enjoy your Leaf and try not to compare it too much with other leases. You will always find someone who got it lower... so just ENJOY what you got and smile every time you drive past a gas station.

Getting ready to pull the plug tomorrow - what should I be looking for in the lease? I know - it was discussed multiple times - but the most important are the price that I should negotiate before anything else, residual value and money factor - how do I find one or how whether I got the right one? We have a newely advertised 0 down and 179$ a month lease here - but of course there are some additional charges etc.
Also - how is the state rebate applied - do I still eligible for it or not in addition to already decreased lease price?

Viktor said:
Getting ready to pull the plug tomorrow - what should I be looking for in the lease? I know - it was discussed multiple times - but the most important are the price that I should negotiate before anything else, residual value and money factor - how do I find one or how whether I got the right one? We have a newely advertised 0 down and 179$ a month lease here - but of course there are some additional charges etc.
Also - how is the state rebate applied - do I still eligible for it or not in addition to already decreased lease price?

Viktor... wish I had seen this earlier... hopefully you will see it before you go in.

The $179/0 down is from Tynan's which is where I bought my 2nd leaf from last Monday. That ad got me into the dealership also.

Ok... 1st the fine print on their ad...

The 0 down does not include:
Acq Fee: $595
Tax on Cap Cost Reduction: $772
Some taxes and other fees: $85 ( in my case )
1st payment: $233 ( in my case )

The lease is a 24 month/12000 mile lease. You must qualify for the Nissan customer loyalty rebate. ( $500 ) Even though I had just bought a leaf 2 weeks before I did not. ( you have to have made a certain number of payments ) I'll be contacting Nissan about that... I figure if I buy 2 leafs in 2012 I'm a pretty loyal customer.

After the fine print their 1st offer to me was > $2500 upfront to get the $179 price. I politely declined and started to leave. They stopped me and offered to deal more. I said I only had $1000 upfront and I needed close to a $200/month payment. The final result was $1000 down and a 218/month payment (before taxes)

I gave up the airline tickets from their ad. They thought I was still undecided so they threw in a 32" TV. ( I actually needed to pee and was trying to decide if I wanted to put more down to lower the price )

It's a pretty good deal and there is no reason you can't get the same. (including the TV) If you qualify for the Nissan loyalty rebate you will do better.

Talk to Brandon Kopp and tell him you want the same deal that Andrew Little got. I'm going to PM you my cell number... I'm available after 9:00am. I'm close to the dealership and would be happy to come down if needed.

You will get some of the colorado rebate. For my 1st leaf I calculated $2400 for the 36 month lease. I havn't calculated what I'll get on the 24 month lease. Here is the link I used ot calculate it:

http://boulderhc.com/FYI_Income67.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy

So what is mine Leaf residual value should be after 12k/24 months lease? Got selling price 34600 (MSRP 38440$), residual value .56 with 9775$ rebate. Factor .00003 - sounds decent?

Better than mine, I got 240$, 2500 down payment. But I got a free excessive wear and tear.

sam4205 said:
Hello all,

SF Bay Area
Cap Cost: $36,890
Cap Reduction: $10,661
Adj Cap Cost: $26,228
Residual: $18,614
36 months lease
12,000 miles per year
$2500 drive off.
Monthly payment: $231 (including rent and tax)

Applied for the CA rebate and Blink.

Thank you all!!!!

What's that excessive wear and tear - is it 399$? I have something like that that came included with my SL - never bothered to ask the dealer what the heck is it.

Based on this thread, I am having an email dialogue with several dealers in WA State.

This is what they've come back to me with and wanted to get thoughts if this is a good deal:

2012 Nissan SL

Out of pocket fees = $1,110 due at signing (595 acquisition fee, 150 doc fee, license fee 225 and b&o tax of 140).

$199 a month for 24 month lease, 12k miles a year.

The residual is 56% of the msrp leaf. Roughly $21,431 and there is a 395 disposition fee at the end of the lease.

Good or still room to negotiate?

FeiChangHaoKan said:
Based on this thread, I am having an email dialogue with several dealers in WA State.

This is what they've come back to me with and wanted to get thoughts if this is a good deal:

2012 Nissan SL

Out of pocket fees = $1,110 due at signing (595 acquisition fee, 150 doc fee, license fee 225 and b&o tax of 140).

$199 a month for 24 month lease, 12k miles a year.

The residual is 56% of the msrp leaf. Roughly $21,431 and there is a 395 disposition fee at the end of the lease.

Good or still room to negotiate?
My goodness, you really are prolific. Same post in three threads. Not nice. :cry:

Sorry for posting multiple times. Posted on one forum topic and then found this specific forum which was more appropriate.

Apologies... :cry:

FeiChangHaoKan said:
Sorry for posting multiple times. Posted on one forum topic and then found this specific forum which was more appropriate.

Apologies... :cry:

No worries. I'm a fairly recent Leaf Leasee and a new member of the forum too. I've made some minor mistakes on this forum too. But the don't worry, they'll DEFINITELY let you know about it. :) We probably drive the long time members absolutely nuts, but just learn from it and enjoy the board. There is a lot of good information here.

BTW, their is always room from negotiation but those lease terms look decent.

FYI,

I just signed this deal in fife, Larsen Nissan

12 Leaf SL
199/month
ZERO due at signing
24mo (23 payments)
12K / YR
.55 Residual 21,128

Leased 2012 SL from Carriage Nissan in Gainesville, Ga.:

24 mo
$500 down
$269/mo

I don't remember the rest of the numbers, but the deal was too good to pass up. I live in Decatur, Ga., so my first drive in the car was to bring it home, about 56 mi. Guess-o-meter indicated 11 mi range left. Nice car! Hoot to drive!

Offer from Feldmann Nissan in Minneapolis...

12mo, 12k miles, $339/month with no cash down on a 2012 SL

Thoughts? I will be checking with the other area dealers to see what they can do.

LeafinThePark said:
Offer from Feldmann Nissan in Minneapolis...

12mo, 12k miles, $339/month with no cash down on a 2012 SL

Thoughts? I will be checking with the other area dealers to see what they can do.

I'm not in the Minneapolis area but judging from others got, this doesn't seem to be a very good offer.

There are some decent deals around Atlanta now.
I just leased a LEAF SV today:
$232/m tax included(everything included)
15k miles/year
24 month lease....they paid first month, 23 months left
0 down
0 at signing
Heck of deal IMO. And I'll get the $5000 Georgia Tax refund, consider the gas savings and I'm making money driving this car.

I have received the following quote from PA dealer & planning to lease SL tomorrow. Is this good or still room to negotiate? Thanks in advance.

2012 SL (Cayenne Red)
Out of Pocket - $1500 (incl. first month payment + acq fee + dmv + doc fee)
$215 per month / 12k miles per year / 24 month lease.

Back