2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seshadri said:
Just one thing I wish I had known before: Honda has just announced a huge deal on Honda Fit EV - $259 lease for 36 months + taxes and fees with unlimited mileage and COLLISION COVERAGE. With taxes and fees the effective lease price (including the initial DMV fees / taxes ) probably comes to same (about 300 -310 per month). But, the collision coverage could have saved me $30 a month - which makes it worth considering. If I knew this before, I would have at least done a test drive to decide Honda FIT EV vs Leaf. Hope this information is useful to others.

Thanks,
Seshadri

I wouldn't feel too bad.....I 've been reading a Fit EV board & they're reporting that since the deal was announced you can't get the car - you go on a long waiting list.

MSB1102 said:
New member here in SoCal just wanted to say for the first time ever that I am jelous of all you northern californian's! I've tried multiple dealers and cannot even come remotely close to what you guys are getting. The best I've gotten is from Danny @ Fontana Nissan (very nice guy, would recommend and use myself if I wasn't so stubborn/cheap) here on the boards at $264 with $1225 Drive off with a 220 charger included over 24 months. You guys having me going from stealer to stealer chasing a Unicorn.

I have a birthday party to attend in Santa Clara this weekend and since I'll be flying into San Jose will probably be stopping off just to see with my own eyes. I'm not sure how feasable it is to drive one down so I'm stuck waiting it out until inventory or whatever it is that is causing us to have inflated cost come down.

You guys give me hope though!

What model/equipment are you looking for? I've found Mossy Nissan in Poway to be the most flexible. Jake was the person I spoke with. But, still not as good as up north.

MSB1102 said:
New member here in SoCal just wanted to say for the first time ever that I am jelous of all you northern californian's! I've tried multiple dealers and cannot even come remotely close to what you guys are getting. The best I've gotten is from Danny @ Fontana Nissan (very nice guy, would recommend and use myself if I wasn't so stubborn/cheap) here on the boards at $264 with $1225 Drive off with a 220 charger included over 24 months. You guys having me going from stealer to stealer chasing a Unicorn.

I have a birthday party to attend in Santa Clara this weekend and since I'll be flying into San Jose will probably be stopping off just to see with my own eyes. I'm not sure how feasable it is to drive one down so I'm stuck waiting it out until inventory or whatever it is that is causing us to have inflated cost come down.

MSB1102, you may have read that I have assisted many people on the board in getting rock bottom deals. I work in the legal field and get nothing out of but the satisfaction of making new friends and helping people and the environment. I love to direct people on how to get solar inexpensively as well. I run my two Leafs off my solar system at home.

You likely won't just be able to just email or walk on a lot in NorCal and be offered these great deals. Our dealers try to make as much as they can on everyone, too, and will highball you as well. The difference is that because of our high inventories, they will get some business at premium prices and then give great deals to those who work hard playing dealers off each other and grinders. It generally takes time, patience and perseverance.

If you are seriously interested in buying here when you come up and have good credit you can contact me privately through this forum and I will arrange the great no haggle deal for you here in San Jose, as I have with almost a dozen other folks on the forum recently. Either way, I hope you get your EV soon.

Cheers!

Ron

I thought it would be interesting to many to share the last couple posts on the Honda Fit Forum:

Had a Honda Fit EV reserved to purchase today after finding out about the new lease terms last week. I informed the dealer I was talking to that I was going to be out of town June 1st (the start date for the new lease) and that I would be available first thing Sunday morning. I already completed the credit approval process with Honda (was approved same day). I get a call from the dealer on Saturday afternoon that the two Fit EVs they had on the lot were sold and now there's a waiting list of 20+ people. The dealer does not know when the next shipment of Fit EVs will arrive. He informed me it could take months. Does anyone know if Honda is shipping any more Fit EVs?
I had a very similar experience. We were credit approved and ready to buy, but held off for a week until we could confirm that our Landlord would allow us to install the charging station. We were in communication with the dealership and told him that we would be leasing the car when we got back from our trip on June 3rd. Then the news came out, and we got an email on June 1st letting us know that they had sold out and didn't know when more were coming. He said he had contacted Honda, and they were working out a production schedule--not a distribution schedule. Meaning that they have to BUILD more cars before they can even begin thinking about sending them out. I called all the other dealerships in the area, they all said that they've sold out and have hundreds of people on the waiting lists. Luckily, the dealership we were working with said that they put us on a high priority list, so if/when any come in, we might get one, but there is no word on when that might be.

Corina1231 said:
MSB1102 said:

MSB1102, you may have read that I have assisted many people on the board in getting rock bottom deals. I work in the legal field and get nothing out of but the satisfaction of making new friends and helping people and the environment. I love to direct people on how to get solar inexpensively as well. I run my two Leafs off my solar system at home.

You likely won't just be able to just email or walk on a lot in NorCal and be offered these great deals. Our dealers try to make as much as they can on everyone, too, and will highball you as well. The difference is that because of our high inventories, they will get some business at premium prices and then give great deals to those who work hard playing dealers off each other and grinders. It generally takes time, patience and perseverance.

If you are seriously interested in buying here when you come up and have good credit you can contact me privately through this forum and I will arrange the great no haggle deal for you here in San Jose, as I have with almost a dozen other folks on the forum recently. Either way, I hope you get your EV soon.

Cheers!

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to stick it out a bit longer. For the record I'm looking for a base model SV silver/black interior since that seems to be what everyone is carrying around here. Most of the dealers I've dealt with, with the exception of Fontana Nissan have been pretty limited stock wise. I'm not accustom to taking this kind of beating by the dealer.

These guys down here are going to break sooner or later I just hope to still be around when they do. My Goal is $205 a month with TTL and 1st months down. Is this too aggressive, not aggressive enough? My credit has never really been an issue but I have been churning cards lately (got the Chase Southwest Personal and Business 50k offers and companion pass) What is Tier 0-1 credit score required by NMAC at the moment?

If I wimp out, I'll let you know privately :)

Thanks for the lead JJ, I'll shoot them an email.

MSB1102 said:
Corina1231 said:
MSB1102 said:

Cheers!

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to stick it out a bit longer. For the record I'm looking for a base model SV silver/black interior since that seems to be what everyone is carrying around here. Most of the dealers I've dealt with, with the exception of Fontana Nissan have been pretty limited stock wise. I'm not accustom to taking this kind of beating by the dealer.

These guys down here are going to break sooner or later I just hope to still be around when they do. My Goal is $205 a month with TTL and 1st months down. Is this too aggressive, not aggressive enough? My credit has never really been an issue but I have been churning cards lately (got the Chase Southwest Personal and Business 50k offers and companion pass) What is Tier 0-1 credit score required by NMAC at the moment?

If I wimp out, I'll let you know privately :)

Thanks for the lead JJ, I'll shoot them an email.
The SV without options is extremely hard to find. It's very cheap if you can get one, only about $5300 out the door (maybe more like $5800 in SoCal) on a 2 yr. 24k mile lease (down plus payments, all taxes and fees included) plus the $395 Dispo fee at end of lease. The base SV has almost the exact same MSRP as an S model with QC, which you can get for the same price. Keep in mind that emails generally generate highball offers, or on occasion lowball ones so they can bait and switch you. They almost never give you an out the door price but instead say "This plus this, this and that....." so you can't compare.

Don't let them lease you an SV with the expensive QC/LED charger or the less expensive premium package and tell you that they are giving you one of those options "for free" because they can't get a plain SV. Oldest trick in the book (used back in 1985 when I was a new car manager!). Dealers give nothing for free and always watch their bottom line on each deal. They will tell you its free and then turn around and charge you almost $7,000 for the lease when the SV with QC/led should run you on average $6000 ($5500 - $6300 recently reported on the forum without dispo fee) and the SV with premium $6000 at most.

The SV without options is extremely hard to find. It's very cheap if you can get one, only about $5300 out the door (maybe more like $5800 in SoCal) on a 2 yr. 24k mile lease (down plus payments, all taxes and fees included) plus the $395 Dispo fee at end of lease. The base SV has almost the exact same MSRP as an S model with QC, which you can get for the same price. Keep in mind that emails generally generate highball offers, or on occasion lowball ones so they can bait and switch you. They almost never give you an out the door price but instead say "This plus this, this and that....." so you can't compare.

Don't let them lease you an SV with the expensive QC/LED charger or the less expensive premium package and tell you that they are giving you one of those options "for free" because they can't get a plain SV. Oldest trick in the book (used back in 1985 when I was a new car manager!). Dealers give nothing for free and always watch their bottom line on each deal. They will tell you its free and then turn around and charge you almost $7,000 for the lease when the SV with QC/led should run you on average $6000 ($5500 - $6300 recently reported on the forum without dispo fee) and the SV with premium $6000 at most.

Base SV's halogen lamps are very, very dim at night. I would highly recommend getting LED headlights, if it's $1000 payment difference.

2013 SL:
$1000 trade in
24 month/12000/yr lease
2000 up front
250/month
Tier 1 money factor
Tax 6.1%
Arizona

Thoughts?

Jmalojhu said:
2013 SL:
$1000 trade in
24 month/12000/yr lease
2000 up front
250/month
Tier 1 money factor
Tax 6.1%
Arizona

Thoughts?
$9000 over 2 years is too much to pay for a base SL. If you read several pages back I assisted a forum member in leasing an SL with premium package for $8300 (down plus total of payments, all tax and fees included, the standard $395 Dispo fee at end of contract). He ended up paying $8500 after switching colors (causing a dealer trade) and registering it in a county with 9% tax. He had previously been quoted $9300 by two other dealers.

I know that the deals I can get here in NorCal are the best in the country, but you can see that your dealer is making out like a bandit. May I recommend that you do the deal with $1000 cash instead of $2000 if you can so you pay $8000 total. We have had several people here get the SL without the premium package in the $7400 range (note several pages back I helped someone get $1000 down, $270 a month equaling $7400) so $8000 plus the $395 Dispo ($600 more) in AZ seems more in line with market price there. Best of Luck!

Should I be paying taxes on the $7500. Dealers got an additional tax of $500 says its because of the rebate.

Had a good experience at Premier in San Jose as well. Got a Slate SV w/premium for less total cost than a couple of folks have mentioned on here, without premium pkg. We didn't really want the premium, but the slate color we wanted was extremely difficult to find and they had one in stock with it, so we wiggled a bit and they worked with us. Interesting because I don't see many slates on the road, but I think it's a nice color?

MSB1102 said:
Should I be paying taxes on the $7500. Dealers got an additional tax of $500 says its because of the rebate.
Yes, there is tax on the rebate, but it shouldn't affect you if you are just keeping your eye on the ball - how much am paying for the lease? Down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. All Taxes and fees are incorporated into the down and payments. Then compare you cost to others.

If you know what you want to pay, it doesn't really matter how you get there.

Thanks again Ron,

Currently at $230 with 1k down over 24 months on an SV with QC package. The sales manager told me of a rebate I didn't even realize my city had and if accurate I think I'm about done. I live in the City of Riverside and they have a program but states you must buy from a dealer within the city. I took advantage of the artificial grass offer they have for 1 per SQFT rebate last year but for whatever reason it never occurred to me to check with them since the Nissan website didn't list it as an option. I know the state has a 3 year lease requirement but as far as I can tell the city doesn't seems to have that limitation. I'm going to head down to the city department that handles these things to confirm. If so I'll probably just pull the trigger and call it a day. Anyone have any experience with the City of Riverside program?

Here's some info for those who might be local. http://riversideca.gov/publicworks/air/alternativefuel.asp

I still cannot believe they tax a tax rebate.

MSB1102 said:
Thanks again Ron,

Currently at $230 with 1k down over 24 months on an SV with QC package. The sales manager told me of a rebate I didn't even realize my city had and if accurate I think I'm about done. I live in the City of Riverside and they have a program but states you must buy from a dealer within the city. I took advantage of the artificial grass offer they have for 1 per SQFT rebate last year but for whatever reason it never occurred to me to check with them since the Nissan website didn't list it as an option. I know the state has a 3 year lease requirement but as far as I can tell the city doesn't seems to have that limitation. I'm going to head down to the city department that handles these things to confirm. If so I'll probably just pull the trigger and call it a day. Anyone have any experience with the City of Riverside program?

Here's some info for those who might be local. http://riversideca.gov/publicworks/air/alternativefuel.asp

I still cannot believe they tax a tax rebate.
No kidding? As long as all your taxes and fees are included, your only about $15 a month over what I can get arrange for you in SJ today under Nissan's June lease rates. That's only about $360. But, pray tell, what is this city rebate amount to? Hope you do the deal and post your numbers. Nice job on your research and good luck! But Mike, really, artificial grass? Only in SoCal!

I spoke to the city today, seems like I'm all clear. My sales rep has the next two days off so it appears I will pick it up friday night before my flight. Does Nissan include the same type of insurance as Honda with its leases or is gap something I'd have to consider?

Quick 1 month status report:

We have traveled about 350 miles on the leaf so far. Even on our heaviest use days, we have yet to deplete our remaining charge lower then 60%. This included trips to and from downtown Chicago (About 15 miles in each direction, with a few miles of travel around the loop in between). Range anxiety is hovering just below 0. When having to take our Minivan out of necessity (car pool, etc..) it feels like driving a tank. Driving the Leaf has been a dream..so quiet. The novelty of all of the gadgets is wearing down a little. That said, the charging options in Chicago continue to get better. Many downtown garages have options (not that we would usually need them), and Walgreens, Whole Foods, etc. seem to be ramping up their locations with facilities.

Only downside is its a little squishy to put all 3 kids in the back. That said, we bought a Bubble-bum for our youngest (4), which gives you an extra 3-4 inches when putting all 3 across.

How are these terms I was offered in Arizona today?

Leaf SV
24 months
12,000 miles/year
$347/month
Zero down

I asked if I could get a longer lease term for a lower monthly payment and the dealer said a 36 month lease would actually be more expensive because of the residual. He said residuals for an SV at 12,000 miles were 60% for 24 months and 49% for 36 months.

Money factor on SV was .00156 (Tier 1) or .00201 (Tier 2).

MSB1102 said:
I spoke to the city today, seems like I'm all clear. My sales rep has the next two days off so it appears I will pick it up friday night before my flight. Does Nissan include the same type of insurance as Honda with its leases or is gap something I'd have to consider?
Mike, I asked that same question at my dealership and the sales manager told me there was no need to get "gap" insurance, the car was covered in the lease. But, naturally, you should ask your dealer as well. Now, what's with the artificial grass? C'mon.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Quick 1 month status report:

We have traveled about 350 miles on the leaf so far. Even on our heaviest use days, we have yet to deplete our remaining charge lower then 60%. This included trips to and from downtown Chicago (About 15 miles in each direction, with a few miles of travel around the loop in between). Range anxiety is hovering just below 0. When having to take our Minivan out of necessity (car pool, etc..) it feels like driving a tank. Driving the Leaf has been a dream..so quiet. The novelty of all of the gadgets is wearing down a little. That said, the charging options in Chicago continue to get better. Many downtown garages have options (not that we would usually need them), and Walgreens, Whole Foods, etc. seem to be ramping up their locations with facilities.

Only downside is its a little squishy to put all 3 kids in the back. That said, we bought a Bubble-bum for our youngest (4), which gives you an extra 3-4 inches when putting all 3 across.
That's nice, Doug, but weren't you going to change your moniker to Douggotaleaf?

NissanLeafAZ said:
How are these terms I was offered in Arizona today?

Leaf SV
24 months
12,000 miles/year
$347/month
Zero down

I asked if I could get a longer lease term for a lower monthly payment and the dealer said a 36 month lease would actually be more expensive because of the residual. He said residuals for an SV at 12,000 miles were 60% for 24 months and 49% for 36 months.

Money factor on SV was .00156 (Tier 1) or .00201 (Tier 2).
Terrible, the worst ever in the history of this Forum. You would paying over $8000 for a car that others leased for between $5200 - $5500. Best of luck!

Back