2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm in WA and quotes are all over the place. I know I'm missing a lot of info but I'm only looking to lease and not to buy so I don't really feel I need to worry about the residual value. I just want to know the out the door cost and the monthly payment. Maybe I'm being naive?

Here's one example:
Leaf SL
36 month term/15k miles
Payoff your current auto of $15,139
Rebate $7,500
NO TAXES
Your monthly payment is $399.00

And this one seems to good to be true so I want to know what I need to be aware of before taking the drive down to the dealership:
ANY trim model, $200/mo, 0 down oac (I'm in the 800 club so I won't have an issue qualifying)
15k miles/yr
She wants me to come to sign some releases so she can run my personal info (to do a credit check I'd guess) and access my lease. Should I go in or ask her for more details? And if I should wait to go in, what should I be asking her?

Lease deals no where near where they were in May.

Anyone have any idea if anything will change to encourage leases as the 2014s start rolling out?

When are the 2014s coming out? The dealership today checked for shipments and didn't have any scheduled the rest of the year.

dayflowr

I'd ask for all the details to make sure you're getting a good deal. You'll need:
MSRP
Selling Price
Rebates
Money Factor
Money Down

If you want to calculate your results, you'll need the residual % too, but that's not negotiable.

dayflowr said:
ANY trim model, $200/mo, 0 down oac (I'm in the 800 club so I won't have an issue qualifying)
15k miles/yr

Is this your target? Or a quote?

Even with no tax, based on what I've seen on residuals and current lease terms that will be very hard to achieve.

That is an actual quote and I honestly don't see how they can acheive it. I think it's just a gimmick to get me in there. The guy I saw today at a different dealership gave me this:

SV with QC and floor mats w/ 15k miles
MSRP: $34,470
Invoice: $32,621
Discount: $1,220
Rebate: $7,675
Doc fee: $150
Lic, Aquisition fee, 1st mo payment: $882
Net Price: $26,607
Cash down (this only includes lic, aquisition fee and 1st mo and what isn't covered is rolled into monthly payment):
$500 = $370 payment
$1000 = $356 payment

He knew I was shopping around so didn't give me his very best deal and admitted that. He wouldn't talk money factor yet since I went in telling him I was not buying today and had a limited amount of time but he said it might change based on credit (I have 800+ so it would change in my favor). It seems to me if the 36 month residual is 49% I'm basically looking at paying a minumum of $277/mo (net price - residual = $10000 / 2) which doesn't include money factor. Do I have that right?

Thoughts?

Your lease payment typically has three parts: the depreciation fee, the finance fee, and tax fee. In your case with no sales tax, I guess you don't have the third part. So, you can take your total depreciation /36 to get the majority of your payment and then add in your interest, which is your (NetCap Cost + Residual) Times your MF. I come up with somewhere around $329 a month for that arrangement with a low money factor and 500 down. Find out why you're not getting the $8150 rebate. Get a bigger discount on your car. I got 3k on mine, and it had a lower MSRP. Lock in your Money Factor--find out what the best rate is on your 3 year SV/15k deal. They should know what the MF is with good credit, and calculate based on that. Without running your credit.

Good luck!

Here's the details on the current Lease offer for an S in WA: Notice the section about 8150 manufacturer's rebate.

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $8,150 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

2013 LEAF S Lease model 17013 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $29,650 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $18,981 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $11,860, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 01/02/2014.

Isn't the $8150 just on the S trim? I'm looking at the SV. If invoice price is $32,621, realistically how low can I expect them to go on the purchase price?

Not certain on the rebate, but I would ask--not sure why it would be different on different trim levels. As for pricing, I'd shoot for $32820 (Edmunds TMV is usually a good start). Also, be sure to check the internet pricing on similar models to see if anyone has a car listed at a better price and go from there.

Hi Folks
How would you rate this offer
Leaf S with QC package
36 months lease for 12k miles annually
2500 down and 150/month

valuebuyer-

any idea what your sales tax rate is where you live? I can compare against my deal with that info. Let me know.

-A

airbeat said:
valuebuyer-

any idea what your sales tax rate is where you live? I can compare against my deal with that info. Let me know.

-A
Sure. I am in CA Bay Area. these numbers 2500 and 150 dont seem to include tax I guess.

valuebuyer said:
Sure. I am in CA Bay Area. these numbers 2500 and 150 dont seem to include tax I guess.

I am guessing this is from Oak town dealer? I got the same quote and only to find out it's not what it is - just a waste of time.

xbox409 said:
valuebuyer said:

I am guessing this is from Oak town dealer? I got the same quote and only to find out it's not what it is - just a waste of time.
This is from the redwood city dealer. What do you mean by "only to find out it's not what it is - just a waste of time." Did you see more things added to the price? I see small print that says tax and other fees not included.. so may be out of the door would be around 3.5k

Well the best deal I've found so far is $329/mo, 15k miles for 36 months with $0 out the door. I like the $0 out the door but I'd really like the payment to be lower WITH $0 so I'm saving more than $60/month over what I'm paying now in lease and gas. Not sure if I can do better than that tho. Thoughts?

valuebuyer said:
xbox409 said:
valuebuyer said:

This is from the redwood city dealer. What do you mean by "only to find out it's not what it is - just a waste of time." Did you see more things added to the price? I see small print that says tax and other fees not included.. so may be out of the door would be around 3.5k

I PM'd you.

valuebuyer said:
airbeat said:
valuebuyer-

-A

since that is almost exactly what I am looking for, I would do it except the mileage thing. did you ask about more mileage and if so, what price was quoted?

I know its been asked before but...

Anyone know if leases are likely to get cheaper in a few weeks as the 2014s start rolling out?

We're down a car and need to replace it. Best lease deals we're being quoted is around $280/mo vs. the $205/mo we had in May of this year for the same car. If they're likely to get cheaper due to increased production and 2014s rolling out, we may rent a car for a month. The 2014 will have the rear view camera as well, but I haven't heard anything about pricing yet. Would be nice if they lower the price again since Ford and GM/Chevy did, but maybe they won't because they're including the camera.

dm33 said:
I know its been asked before but...

Anyone know if leases are likely to get cheaper in a few weeks as the 2014s start rolling out?

We're down a car and need to replace it. Best lease deals we're being quoted is around $280/mo vs. the $205/mo we had in May of this year for the same car. If they're likely to get cheaper due to increased production and 2014s rolling out, we may rent a car for a month. The 2014 will have the rear view camera as well, but I haven't heard anything about pricing yet. Would be nice if they lower the price again since Ford and GM/Chevy did, but maybe they won't because they're including the camera.

I can never know and unless there is some advances for 2014, I highly doubt it. And if there are advances for 2014, we are likely to hear about it very late in the game. hoping for something at the Tokyo Motor Show...

The 2014 Leaf will have minimal changes compared to 2013. Back up camera will be standard on all models, possibly due to a new federal requirement. Voice control will supposedly be improved. We may get new colors and different looking wheels. That's it.

Back