2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a great lease deal on a SV from Boardwalk Nissan! It's their December specials: http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The whole staff was great! Especially Stan, my sales guy. I have been to many Nissan dealerships in the South Bay and East Bay and their prices are nowhere near Boardwalk's. There is no BS here, just honest dealing.

State : California
Sales tax % :
Leaf Trim, options : SV, no options + splash guards
MSRP : $32,780
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price : $29919.77
Taxes, Title, Registration : tax: $988.17; registration $194.00
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : doc $80; dmv $29.00;
Money Factor :?
Down payment : $2499.00
Monthly payment : $137.53 including tax for 24 months.

jjj240 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
valuebuyer said:
How about this deal?
Leaf S with QC, Red
36 months, 12k lease
3300 out the door and 150+tax per month

that is just about what I am hoping for only I need a minimum of 15,000 miles (only have 600 miles of my 45,000 lease left and that is a conscious effort to drive less over the past 2 months and i have 6 weeks to go)

i was told you can negotiate w/ dealer for earlier return (within 2-4 mo. ahead of lease mature) w/o penalty if you'r going to lease/purchase another nissan vehicle (not necessarily a leaf). have you tried?
Holding out for a 14

Dave, with the Fed Tax credit expiring at the end of the month, you are looking at an additional $200/mo on a 36 mo lease. I doubt congress can agree on anything that will extend the credit before the end of January. Just my opinion. I am under the impression the credit was not included in the current agreement?

Correction DNA is correct, the credit is only expiring for 2 and 3 wheeled vehicles. The $7500 fed tax credit continues until 200,000 unit have been sold. That will be a while, through Sept 30, 2013 the Leaf has sold 41,092 units nationwide. Sorry, I just read the headlines about the credit expiring, should have read the details.

What is also expiring soon is the 30% EVSE purchase/installation credit. If you have not had yours installed and inspected (if necessary) yet, or at least scheduled, your chances of getting this done in the next 17 days is unlikely unless you are getting a plug-in one and the proper circuit is already installed.

Arizona, Mesa. Larry H Miller Nissan
Lease, 36 mo, 36k miles, 2013 Leaf, base trim (S). Grey metallic.
Total of 2488 down (including license and first monthly payment), 223.97/month for the next 35 months, includes all taxes, fees, etc. Out the door.
Residual of 11928 (may buy the lease out at this price).

Charged it twice on the way home, the last 99 miles were courtesy of AAA and a flatbed tow truck. Doesn't like going up hills (the car doesn't mind, but the battery sure does). Ordered a level 2 charger (the Clipper Creek LCS-25, $495 from EVWest), probably don't need it.

Seems like this car is going to be great for the brunt of daily driving. For long trips, I'll just rent something big and fun.

Really wanted a Chevy Volt, but the dealer was not giving me the posted on the internet deal, and so I walked. Bait and Switch.
Had to go 175 miles to lease this one, and, other than the lack of cruise control, limited range, and less safety in case of a crash, it's probably a better car than the Volt for what I will use it for.

Seems like the range is really optimistic if you do any freeway driving. Around town, seems like you get the claimed range or better, so long as going up hills isn't part of your route.

Just got the leaf yesterday with following info:

Stone Mountain, Lilburn, GA
S Model with Quick Charge Package (Silver)
Quote with VPP price
$0 down, $260 for 24-months leasing, for $15K miles per year
(if $12K miles per year, will be $250 for 24 mos)

Drive out: first month payment $260 + $60 tag/misc. fees

Above not includes final $395 disposition fee after term ends.

Ask Alex if you found that reasonable.

(Nalley Nissan in Decatur can do similar, ask Alexis for it)

Got a great lease deal on a SL with premium package from Hayward Nissan. Zam - their internet sales guy worked this deal and offered this final pricing right away without needing any negotiating. I did start by giving them the exact car in their inventory that I wanted – after checking their inventory online.

Sales tax % : 9%
Leaf Trim, options : SL, premium package, Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat, Recycling/Organizational Package, emergency kit (thrown in for free),
MSRP : $37,135
Dealer's asking price: $40,130
Negotiated Lease:
Down payment : $0
Monthly payment : $348.15 monthly (inclusive of taxes)
Taxes, Title, Registration, any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : See below
Money Factor: .00003
Amount paid to walk out the door: Just the first month fees of $348.15
Included Miles: 15k/ month
Overage: 15c/ mile
I got the VPP pricing but they did not give the loyalty discount.

The actual lease agreement says I have to pay $1481.45 to walk out the door, but the dealership said that even though the lease agreement states so in writing, all they need is the first month fee of $348.15 and they will waive the rest. Which meant they gave me a $1106.3 cash discount for all the fees listed in the amount due on signing section, which included Registration: $326, Tax on Capital cost reduction: $704.25, DMV fees: $15.5, Ca tire fee: $7 and Acq fee tax: $53.55

Total rebate and Credits: $7,825. Residual Value: $18,567.5

guoqiang2 said:
Just got the leaf yesterday with following info:

Stone Mountain, Lilburn, GA
S Model with Quick Charge Package (Silver)
Quote with VPP price
$0 down, $260 for 24-months leasing, for $15K miles per year
(if $12K miles per year, will be $250 for 24 mos)

Drive out: first month payment $260 + $60 tag/misc. fees

Above not includes final $395 disposition fee after term ends.

Ask Alex if you found that reasonable.

(Nalley Nissan in Decatur can do similar, ask Alexis for it)

that $5000 Georgia credit really plays havoc on the leases. right now, Nissan has a special on the S models but requires 36 months to get the price. since i only get about $2600 (in the form of a sales tax waiver) it does not behoove me to pay the higher monthly for a 24 month lease.

seekzero said:
Got a great lease deal on a SV from Boardwalk Nissan! It's their December specials: http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The whole staff was great! Especially Stan, my sales guy. I have been to many Nissan dealerships in the South Bay and East Bay and their prices are nowhere near Boardwalk's. There is no BS here, just honest dealing.

Sales tax % :
Leaf Trim, options : SV, no options + splash guards
MSRP : $32,780
Negotiated Price : $29919.77
Taxes, Title, Registration : tax: $988.17; registration $194.00
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : doc $80; dmv $29.00;
Money Factor :?
Down payment : $2499.00
Monthly payment : $137.53 including tax for 24 months.

OK How the heck did you do this? I am paying more for an S with QC, negotiated "hard" with them to get there. I put $2500 down total including everything then $280/mo including taxes and prepaid service etc. With the 3 year lease we will get $2500 back. But this is not an SV and they made a big deal out of it having the QC and therefore not being the base deal.

My experience was the same at any other car dealer - not what you describe unfortunately. But at least they talked to me, other dealerships didn't take the time to respond to my questions for days.

OK How the heck did you do this? I am paying more for an S with QC, negotiated "hard" with them to get there. I put $2500 down total including everything then $280/mo including taxes and prepaid service etc. With the 3 year lease we will get $2500 back. But this is not an SV and they made a big deal out of it having the QC and therefore not being the base deal.

I got a similar deal, with $500 more down, and $149 a month, but with premium Package. The issue seems to be QC: it is hawked as a major option even where there are no charging stations for it, like here. That's why I tell people who don't need it to find a car without it, and negotiate for that. The dealer may actually believe their own hype, and decide to 'unload' it on you.

On the Leaf S, the QC package also includes the faster 6.6 kW (6.0 actual) on board charger, so even if there aren't any QC's nearby, it could still be of benefit.

On the SV, it also includes the (IMHO) better LED low beam headlights, though the faster charger is standard.

ok, not sure if i got a good deal or not. but...

S with charge, mud flaps, floor mats. 3 years, 15,000 a year

price $29,000 plus $595 acquisition fee. $9150 discounted. this is supposed to include $7500 fed tax, $1000 loyalty cash (although its kinda weird how they just combine it all together without breaking it out) and then $650 for "something?"

$245.75 a month

i knew the first quote was too low

DaveinOlyWA said:
price $29,000 plus $595 acquisition fee. $9150 discounted. this is supposed to include $7500 fed tax, $1000 loyalty cash (although its kinda weird how they just combine it all together without breaking it out) and then $650 for "something?"
$245.75 a month
Dave, how much did you have to put down on the car ?

KJD said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
$245.75 a month

it was a "cigarette lighter" payment

zippo

DaveinOlyWA said:
KJD said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
$245.75 a month

zippo
Sounds like a good deal to me. Enjoy the new car.

KJD said:

zippo[/quote]
Sounds like a good deal to me. Enjoy the new car.[/quote]

thanks. didnt take me long to realize that high setting on the seat heaters was too warm (conditioned for cold after 3 years driving the 2011 without heat@!) and that the steering wheel heater really makes a lot of difference in how the cold is affecting my body

Any recent CA leases? I've been emailing/calling around and everyone is offering the VPP pricing ($1000 below invoice) even though I'm not VPP. I haven't yet asked them to compete; just gathering info.

Live in California and working on closing a lease right now on an SV with LED+QuickCharge package, floor mats and splash guards. Talking to Boardwalk Nissan (Redwood City) and Sunnyvale Nissan.

So far I've only gotten pricing back from Boardwalk:

MSRP: 34580
Invoice: 32598
My price: 31,100

$3000 total drive off (includes first month payment)
$247/month + tax for 3 years
15K miles a year
$395 disposition fee at return of the car

Good deal?

State : WA
Sales tax % :8.70%
Leaf Trim, options : S w/charger package,"protection package", floor mats,camera
MSRP :31355.00
Negotiated Price :29573.00
Taxes, Title, Registration $132 licensing
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) :Acquisition fee of $595
Money Factor :
Downpayment :2000
Monthly payment :219.11
Residual : 12,542.00

Want to get the car tomorrow but would like a sanity check from the experts. Is this good?

Thanks

Back