2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ron..

I guess I am still confused...

Here is the payment details. I'm just not sure why the purchase price at the lease end is so low...
Is it because of the $8425 rebate?

" 2013 LEAF S Lease 36 Months - $199/Month - $1,999 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $8,425 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $11,564, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. "

Mark

hi All,
Signed my lease yesterday and picked up the new leaf. drove it to work watching the battery meter all the way :)
One thing i didnt realize was that it does not include Backup camera. By default i assumed that SV will include backup camera. It has heated steering wheel and even the back seat is heated but no backup camera? WTH?

2013 SV with QC / LED
1200 Down payment (incl first month's payment)
249.97 per mo lease
Cap cost 30100
Credits 9000
Residual 13443
annual miles 15K

Not sure I want pay $6000 more for WINGS and a backup camera.
The unit I am interested in at the dealer has the quick-charge included, which is more important
to me...
However, since I live in NORCAL where it gets pretty hot during the spring/summer,
I may still have to go with the SL because of the leather interior.
I wonder if I can extend the lease to 48 months so I can get the SL for the S lease?

Mark

goelectric2014 said:
hi All,
Signed my lease yesterday and picked up the new leaf. drove it to work watching the battery meter all the way :)
One thing i didnt realize was that it does not include Backup camera. By default i assumed that SV will include backup camera. It has heated steering wheel and even the back seat is heated but no backup camera? WTH?

Unfortunately it doesn't. In 2011, 2012, and 2014 all LEAFs have either the backup camera or (in some models in 2014) the around-view-monitor. In 2013 they deleted the backup camera except for S model and provided the around-view-monitor only as part of a premium package.

There are some threads here about adding the backup camera to a 2013 afterwards - suggest you run the search function.

ESA1178 said:
Thanks Ron..

Here is the payment details. I'm just not sure why the purchase price at the lease end is so low...

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $8,425 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $11,564, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. "

Mark

$11,564 is a pretty good guess of what a 2013 LEAF model S with no options with 36k miles will be worth on the open market in 2017 when the lease is up. Consider that the MSRP is effectively $21.5k after the tax credit, then there is an additional discount because the car is already one year old in "model year" terms. After 4 "model years" if such a car retained $11.5k of value that would be depreciation of about 47% - not unusual.

Not a very good deal in my opinion.

ESA1178 said:
Thanks Ron..

Mark

Thanks guys.

I have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth after a visit yesterday to a local Leaf dealer:

After telling him that I did not want to put down more than $3000 and pay more than $199 per month,
based on a 790 FICO, (I didn't give him my SS), he told me that all those cars have been sold over the memorial day weekend. He then crunched some numbers and gave me 2 options:

1: $2500 Down $307 per month. Which is OK but $100 per month more than I want to pay.

2: $6400 Down $199 per month. Even after the $2500 CA rebate I will still lose $3900 down.

Not sure I'm sold on a LEAF now.....

Mark

Are you buying or leasing? Your numbers sound astonishingly high for a lease.

ESA1178 said:
Thanks guys.

I have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth after a visit yesterday to a local Leaf dealer:

After telling him that I did not want to put down more than $3000 and pay more than $199 per month,
based on a 790 FICO, (I didn't give him my SS), he told me that all those cars have been sold over the memorial day weekend. He then crunched some numbers and gave me 2 options:

1: $2500 Down $307 per month. Which is OK but $100 per month more than I want to pay.

2: $6400 Down $199 per month. Even after the $2500 CA rebate I will still lose $3900 down.

Not sure I'm sold on a LEAF now.....

Mark

crazy crazy numbers. the selling price and the money factor are way too high. and the rebate is too low. which part of california are you in? you should work with a different dealer if you have a choice.

as a reference, look at my numbers here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11245&start=1980#p366161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any good lease deals in phoenix ,Only lease deal i can find is 2014 S +QC $1999 down and $219 PM 36 months lease , plz advice. i don't like 1999 down.

Hi All,

I am located in Southern California. We are looking for a 2014 SV. I am a VPP customer. I'm not exacty sure what that is buying me. Is it a fixed/set discount (like $1000 below invoice). It seems the pricing I am getting is about the same as using the TrueCar system.

We would like to lease. I am getting quotes of MF of 0.00003 (36 month lease, 15K miles per year) and 0.000136(24 months, 15K miles per year).

The discounts they are quoting are:

DEALER 1
MSRP:$34,220
VPP SAVINGS:$2,579
Federal Incentives:$8,300

DEALER2
MSRP $33,170.00
Dealer Invoice $31,711.00
VPP base Price $30,711.00
Dealer Documentation fee $80.00
VPP purchase price without rebate $30,791
Rebate $8,300
Net price $22,491

I am sort of cross-eyed thinking about it. How do these numbers and MF look? I'd like to get out the door without writing a check for more than $1500 and have monthly payments in the range of $225 (including tax) for 36 months.

Thanks.

Officially, you can at least get $1000 off invoice from VPP. In my case, the dealer gave additional $1000 discount off their sale price, which was already below invoice. I end up with close to $5000 off MSRP for a 2014 SV + QC/LED package.

GasGuzzler said:
Hi All,

I am located in Southern California. We are looking for a 2014 SV. I am a VPP customer. I'm not exacty sure what that is buying me. Is it a fixed/set discount (like $1000 below invoice). It seems the pricing I am getting is about the same as using the TrueCar system.

We would like to lease. I am getting quotes of MF of 0.00003 (36 month lease, 15K miles per year) and 0.000136(24 months, 15K miles per year).

The discounts they are quoting are:

DEALER 1
MSRP:$34,220
VPP SAVINGS:$2,579
Federal Incentives:$8,300

DEALER2
MSRP $33,170.00
Dealer Invoice $31,711.00
VPP base Price $30,711.00
Dealer Documentation fee $80.00
VPP purchase price without rebate $30,791
Rebate $8,300
Net price $22,491

I am sort of cross-eyed thinking about it. How do these numbers and MF look? I'd like to get out the door without writing a check for more than $1500 and have monthly payments in the range of $225 (including tax) for 36 months.

Thanks.

Leased a 2013 Leaf SV with the QC/LED Package yesterday. Picking it up today! I'm in the LA area. PM me if you want the dealer info.

Here are my lease terms:

$0 down
$283/month including taxes
36 month lease, 15k miles per year

Paid $250 OTD which covers the first month's payment.

Over Memorial Day weekend, this dealer was doing a 2013 Leaf SL for $250/month + tax, 36 month lease, 12k miles/year.

theds said:
crazy crazy numbers. the selling price and the money factor are way too high. and the rebate is too low. which part of california are you in? you should work with a different dealer if you have a choice.

as a reference, look at my numbers here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11245&start=1980#p366161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like you got a good deal, anyone in SoCal do better yet?

Also, with leasing did any qualify for any sort of level 2 charger discount? I'm debating between leasing vs buying.

Note: I don't have VPP.

Hi guys,

Me and my buddy went to lease a Leaf 2014 S + QC without reading this site yet. It was a sudden urge when we did not like Prius test drive.

In the end, we sign the lease... paid 2,500 and our month charges is suppose to be 346 per month for the above. We are in NOCAL (SFO)

Question 1:
Do you think we paid too much !

Question 2:
How can we lower down to the real price for S + QC or upgrade to SV + QC or just back out. We need help from you guys to arm us with info before we go back to the dealer to kick them.

Also, i think the dealer is not honest to us as i personally show him my VPP but he says that his offer supercede it.

Thanks in advance !

holy crap you got hosed. your paid msrp AND RATE. you payments should og been under 200 a month. if you signed a contract you are unforunatly stuck. did you have credit issues? Only reason I could see it. which dealer was it

leafricko said:
Hi guys,

Me and my buddy went to lease a Leaf 2014 S + QC without reading this site yet. It was a sudden urge when we did not like Prius test drive.

In the end, we sign the lease... paid 2,500 and our month charges is suppose to be 346 per month for the above. We are in NOCAL (SFO)

Question 1:

Question 2:
How can we lower down to the real price for S + QC or upgrade to SV + QC or just back out. We need help from you guys to arm us with info before we go back to the dealer to kick them.

Also, i think the dealer is not honest to us as i personally show him my VPP but he says that his offer supercede it.

Thanks in advance !

regards,

Fredrick

We went to another dealer to get a quote as well as online... Went back to the dealer and demand an explanation... They just said sorry and 'price-match' to the other dealer. Now, we will get ~230 on (base + qc + maintenance package)... In the end, the store manager make it right ! Kudos to him on that !

It is fortunate that we did not 'start' the lease yet becos we did not walk away with the car as it was not there yet. We saved 120 USD per month. To all leaf buyer or in general, car leaser or buyer... arm urself with lots of info and do alot of comparison shopping online and off.

PS: We got 'EXCELLENT' credit of above 800 BTW

leafricko said:
Hi guys,

Question 1:

Question 2:

Thanks in advance !

Back