2013 leaf driver's seat question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darandon

Hi everyone.

I haven't seen a 2013 leaf in person so i wanted to ask those of you who have it or who have seen one. Does the driver's seat on the 2013 have the same adjustments as the 2011 and 2012 models? I saw a video and as the person moved around i noticed something that looked like a height adjustable handle for the seat. I know the 2011 and 2012 models have the basic back-forward, back support tilt (sorry if that's not the proper term) and that knob that i honestly don't notice any change when turning it :p i know its something with the front of the seat but to me its useless.

Does the 2013 have the same seat adjustments or did Nissan finally add height adjustment to the driver's seat?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

darandon

The '11/'12s both have a dial that raises and lowers the driver's seat. They replaced the dial/wheel in 2013s with a lever.

LEAFfan said:
The '11/'12s both have a dial that raises and lowers the driver's seat. They replaced the dial/wheel in 2013s with a lever.

Great thanks for the quick response LEAFfan.

I guess I should keep my eyes open better when fiddling with the seat :p

I think the lever is a much better way of implementing seat height adjustment and am glad that Nissan went in that direction.

Thanks again.

I was just sitting in one two days ago. The new ones adjust the entire seat up and down as the earlier ones adjust the angle of the seat bottom. Personally, I like the earlier one better. But the leather interior (though not my favorite color) was very nice!

The seats in the 13's are completely new. Not only are the controls changed (towel bar for fore-aft instead of lever, lever for height instead of dial for rear height) the seats themselves are all new. The 11/12 had a metal pan for the foam to sit on, the 13s have springs and are more cushy. There is also more lumbar support. Even the rear seat has more foam in the seatback for a more cushy feel. The rear headrests are slightly lower and re-contoured so rear visibility is a little bit better.

Back