2013 Leaf SV and Samsung Galaxy S3

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and can't get it working with my 2013 Leaf SV. I was able to pair bluetooth, but couldn't get voice dialing working. I called Nissan and they told me that the Leaf doesn't support the S3. Sure enough:
http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/search/results/?web_model=366&status=Passed&vehicle=LEAF&year=2013&equip=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shows that they support the Samsung Galaxy S4 but it doesn't list S3. However, it also doesn't list my old HTC phone and that worked well.

So does anyone here have an S3 and have it working for voice dialing with their Leaf? If so, is there anything that you can tell me about config to get it working? BTW, I'm running Android 4.3 on this new S3.

Thanks!

Bob

Bob said:
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and can't get it working with my 2013 Leaf SV. I was able to pair bluetooth, but couldn't get voice dialing working. I called Nissan and they told me that the Leaf doesn't support the S3. Sure enough:
http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/search/results/?web_model=366&status=Passed&vehicle=LEAF&year=2013&equip=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shows that they support the Samsung Galaxy S4 but it doesn't list S3. However, it also doesn't list my old HTC phone and that worked well.

So does anyone here have an S3 and have it working for voice dialing with their Leaf? If so, is there anything that you can tell me about config to get it working? BTW, I'm running Android 4.3 on this new S3.

Thanks!

Bob

I have an S3, running a custom ROM from back in the day, and it works great. I haven't done anything to it, it just worked out of the box. This tells me the hardware makes it possible, but if you have a carrier locked ROM, their updates, ROM specific goo and other settings may prevent it from working properly.

Running the same phone and OS and it works fine. It was also fine with 4.1...

Bob said:

Thanks again to everyone. The S3 is working with my Leaf now. It was a silly error on my part, nothing substantial. I don't know why the S3 isn't on the Nissan Leaf approved list. It's such a popular model. I'll put a note on the "tips for Nissan" forum.

Bob

Bob said:

Thanks!

Bob
I has my S3 paired with my '13 SV, and while I never used voice dialing all the other phone tasks could be done.

Back