2013 leaf with 2011 J1772 level 2.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themotorman

Does anyone know if the new leaf can use the 2011 EVSE adapter and if so does it work with level 2 at 6 kW. I have a level 2 installed and thinking of a second leaf. Need to be sure that both Leafs will work with same level 2. Any real info on this?

If your EVSE supports 30 amps, it will charge at that rate. Otherwise it will charge at whatever the maximum rate that the EVSE supports. In other words, it is the lesser of what the car and the EVSE support.

themotorman said:
Does anyone know if the new leaf can use the 2011 EVSE adapter and if so does it work with level 2 at 6 kW. I have a level 2 installed and thinking of a second leaf. Need to be sure that both Leafs will work with same level 2. Any real info on this?

themotorman said:
If by the "2011 EVSE adapter," you mean the portable EVSE that came with the 2011, then no. The stock portable 2011 ESVE runs at 12 Amp, 120 V, or 1.44 KW (that is unless you had it modified by EVSEUpgrade.com). If you installed an EVSE (charging station) in your garage, then see the previous response.

themotorman said:
Does anyone know if the new leaf can use the 2011 EVSE adapter
On the first part of your question, the answer in in your thread title. J1772 is a standard. Any EVSE that meets the standard can be used to charge any car that meets the standard. That covers virtually all EVSEs for sale today, and most EVs for sale today. (Tesla is a bit of an exception. The cars don't meet the J1772 standard, but adapters are provided with the car, so it doesn't matter.)

Ray

Back