2013 SV question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbieandpatrick

We just got our 2nd Leaf, have a 2011 SL purchased and now a 2013 SV leased. Some nice improvements were made, still need to wade through the manual. Question about the readings on screen. This morning, the 2013 showed 100% charged, but the miles read 83. We noticed this when charging on the trip home also, that the miles were lower. The percentage and the bars agree closely. Is this normal? Does it ever read that you have 100 or more miles like the 2011 does when it's fully charged? I can see we'll rely more on the percentage reading anyway, but just noticed this difference between the two cars and wondered. Only thing we miss in the SV so far is the backup camera. Too early to tell yet, but seems the SV is getting better range.

It bases the estimate on how your drove yesterday. I guess you drove on the highway?

If you do all local driving tomorrow then the next day it'll say 100+

It's my understanding that all the SV models have the camera, but I could be mistaken. My 2013 SV always reads slightly over 100 miles' range on the rare occasions it's charged to 100%. What is your miles per KWH average? That's on the same screen as the SOC %, which is toggled by the four-cornered button - specifically, the icon that looks like two pieces of paper almost joined together. Mine tends to run 4.3 to 4.5.

Forget the GOM. I'm surprised the OP depends or even looks at it considering they an '11.
LeftieBiker said:
It's my understanding that all the SV models have the camera, but I could be mistaken.
No, they do not. I was just at a dealer today and knew it going in. On the '13 SV, if you want a backup camera, you must get the premium package that comes w/around view monitor.

cwerdna said:
Forget the GOM. I'm surprised the OP depends or even looks at it considering they an '11.
LeftieBiker said:
It's my understanding that all the SV models have the camera, but I could be mistaken.
No, they do not. I was just at a dealer today and knew it going in. On the '13 SV, if you want a backup camera, you must get the premium package that comes w/around view monitor.

The DTE on the 2013 is extremely accurate (at least on relatively flat terrain) unlike the earlier years.
Get Turbo3's AMAZING LEAF Battery App and use GIDs for how far you can drive on a charge. When it reaches 4-5 GIDs, you'll be at Turtle with less than a mile left.
Yep, to get the All Around Cam (can't get just the RVC on SV/SL) you have to buy the Premium Package ( Bose Audio System ).

cwerdna said:
LeftieBiker said:

Exactly. Actually even the 2013 SL doesn't come with one. We are going to be picking up our SV on the weekend, and are opting for a premium packages just so we can get that camera, but no QC package. Apparently it's pretty hard to find - they could only find one of these in a 150 mile radius (with premium but no QC), and we live in the DC area, not out in the boonies. :)

I just recently noticed that on a 2013 SV you can set the temp (from 60 to 90 I think) of the pre-heat/pre-cool, it isn't factory locked on 77 degrees. That's different between 2012 and 2013 right?

Yogi62 said:
I just recently noticed that on a 2013 SV you can set the temp (from 60 to 90 I think) of the pre-heat/pre-cool, it isn't factory locked on 77 degrees. That's different between 2012 and 2013 right?
Yes, that's one of the improvements in 2013.

Thanks everyone for your comments. The GOM today reads 91. We have some Hwy 101 driving every day to get anywhere around here. Oh, the heated seats and the sliding sun visors are a great improvement too! Sun visors on the 2011 are crap. Just read about the pre-heat and pre-cool and wondering if we'll ever know about everything this car does.

surfingslovak said:
Yogi62 said:
Yes, that's one of the improvements in 2013.

Yeah, but maybe because of the heat pump and the new system, I'm finding the A/C is not as efficient as the '11. I'm losing more miles than the other one. The use gauge doesn't go to a sliver anymore, but stays just below 1.5kW. Since I will probably never use the heat pump, I wish I had the old A/C.

Just did a jaunt down Hwy 101 to push it and see what it would do. 98 miles RT, not in ECO, A/C on, some stops along the way to walk dogs, some uphill and downhill. Lots of tourists so we weren't always at 55, but sometimes were. Pulled into our community and the low battery warning came up at 20%. The 2011 would have needed charging in Newport on the way back. VERY happy with this range improvement on the 2013--yes! Maybe not so crazy getting a second one, it'll cover 98% of the driving we do very nicely.

Hey, interesting comment about the A/C. Noticed it didn't work as well as the 2011 during the test drive, but salesman couldn't explain it and both he and hubby acted like I was just imagining it. Now I know--thanks again for the info!

Back