2014 nissan leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acegreatone

I just heard the new 2014 leaf will charge faster (about 1 hr to charge to 80%) with a 110 outlet. Tesla style speeds. Anyone ever heard of this? :eek:

I'm charging at star nissan on northern and clearview service road in queens ny. A guy that works here came out and started talking to me, he said he waited for (some crazy name) 2014 charger option for his car. I asked if he had a 2014 leaf already he said yea. So I don't know what to think

acegreatone said:
I'm charging at star nissan on northern and clearview service road in queens ny. A guy that works here came out and started talking to me, he said he waited for (some crazy name) 2014 charger option for his car. I asked if he had a 2014 leaf already he said yea. So I don't know what to think

Obviously he's joking with you. I absolutely guarantee that no 2014s have been produced for sale or lease.

acegreatone said:
My guess is - he is talking about the 2013 Leaf - and the fact that the charging rate went from 3.3 to 6 kW.

Think that there is a nut loose behind the wheel...

acegreatone said:

acegreatone said:

He's either an idiot or he's kidding with you.

BTW, there's a CHAdeMO (Quick Charge) station a few minutes southeast of Star Nissan, at the 7-11 on Francis Lewis Blvd. If your car has the right port, you might wanna head down there and charge up a lot faster.

acegreatone said:
I just heard the new 2014 leaf will charge faster (about 1 hr to charge to 80%) with a 110 outlet. Tesla style speeds. Anyone ever heard of this? :eek:

You heard wrong. A 110 outlet simply doesn't provide enough power. Its sort of like saying you want to fill up a swimming pool in 1 hour using a regular garden hose. But how is that possible because the hose simply won't deliver enough water. People often assume it is a problem with the technology in the car, but the problem is the wiring in your house.

Back