2014 Owner's manual is available online

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punocchio

p. EV 23:

...When the Li-ion battery is new, the estimated
vehicle range with a fully charged Li-ion battery is
approximately 100 miles (160 km) based on the
EPA laboratory test commonly called the LA4
mode drive cycle. This test represents city driving
conditions. Your actual range can vary, either
initially or as the battery ages and with use over
time. The majority of drivers will experience vehicle
ranges between 62 to 138 miles (99 to 222
km) based on the many factors that affect vehicle
range...

Identical to the 2011 manual.

That's their story and they're sticking to it...

P. EV 24

...Avoid sustained high battery temperatures
(caused, for example, by exposure to very high
ambient temperatures or extending highway
driving with multiple quick charges)...

That's different than the 2011.

edatoakrun said:

Should read "...for example, by exposure to very high ambient temperatures, like those you might experience during a normal (insert your hot State's abbreviation here) summer...."

This bit remains:
2014 LEAF Owner's Manual said:
NISSAN estimates that battery capacity will be approximately 80% of original capacity after five years, although this is only an estimate, and this percentage may vary (and could be significantly lower) depending on individual vehicle and Li-ion battery usage.
Let's hope this true for vehicles with the new "hot battery" technology.

Thanks, I already have one.

You can see my install pics here: http://www.nissanLEAFsunroof.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apvbguy said:
Lasareath said:
Damn, Still no sunroof :(
do you know that you could have a sunroof cut into your LEAF if you really want one?

I believe the temperature gauge/DC charge time chart on p 57 is not in the 2011 manual.

Does that look like the kW allowed at higher, and also lower temperatures, may have been reduced?

I've never DC'd beyond 6-7 temp bars myself, but don't recall those much longer charge times on the chart noted by those who have.

For example, "...More than approximately 60 minutes..." is now required to charge from ~LBW to "80%" at 10 temp bars?

Perhaps a limitation to further idiot proof from those who do repeated fast charges at high battery temps?

"...More than approximately 90 minutes..." to charge from ~LBW to "80%" at three bars temp?

Maybe the new regen kW limitations on cold batteries from the 2011-12 update was intentional after all?

mwalsh said:
edatoakrun said:

Should read "...for example, by exposure to very high ambient temperatures, like those you might experience during a normal (insert your hot State's abbreviation here) summer...."

And, good luck in avoiding them, if you happen to live in one of those locations.

edatoakrun said:
Maybe the new regen kW limitations on cold batteries from the 2011-12 update was intentional after all?
I can't imagine it was a mistake or oversight. Any update to the charge profile I would consider to be planned and deliberate.

edatoakrun said:
So, are 2013's restricted to lower kW rates from DC charging, at extreme battery temps, than are 2011-12's?

Can't say. I'd love to be able to test quick charging in extreme cold, but there is no DCQC within 150 miles of me.

Back