2015 leaf D mode driving vs B mode

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coasting should be the default, for sure. The e-Golf has the best set up for this.

Regen is for slowing down. Coasting is for moving the car as efficiently as possible. Accelerate less, then coast, repeat - then use regen if you need to.

re: intrigare
Ok.. take this little test.. find a nice down grade you take often... try your cruisecontrol method.. and note the speed and energy ( yes this is what I do mostly)

next at the top of the same grade. and beginning at the same speed.. select N.. and really coast.
you will see a good deal of acceleration and of course the energy used is just the back ground draw of electronics

D mode.. will actually revert to low level regen when you try to coast... so when actual acceleration occurs
you are going to become retarded.. so to speak.

smoothly integrating back to your cruise control speed is made a bit more difficult because we have to fool with the knob..

The ideal set up would be a Coasting option..

D - Coast
D regen low ( the way D is now
Eco.. medium regen ( the way it is now
B - max regen ( the way it is now)

There is additional range to be had this way... probably the average driver is too stupid to use it safely.. but quite able to use it
unsafely. Free Wheel was a manually selected option on the old 2 stroke Saab's of the 50's

if this were all selectable with a single little toggle ( I hate the term paddle) on the steering wheel.. it could be used quite fluidly.

Back