2015 SV Leaf QC + LED Option

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtn

We purchased an SV 3 months ago. It has the QC port but no LED headlights. How did that come about? Can the dealer order vehicles with other than the official option packages?

We didn't notice what it said on the sticker. Must admit I know know 1000x more about Leafs than when we bought it. At the time I was more interested in the QC, only after the fact did I notice that all Nissan literature mentioned that QC and LED's came as a package. Just seemed strange that our Leaf came only with QC.

Generally, dealers can't split out options in a package. However, I have seen component production shortages when the manufacturer didn't have the parts available at the time of assembly.
When I was on the VW forum, there was a buyer that bought a 15 GTI with the performance pack that included HID headlights. The VIN and the window sticker claimed it had the option, but was built without it. Guess anything can happen...

BTW, ours is the typical QC / LED option.

I'm guessing that they routinely built SV models with that configuration, but that whenever you order a car with QC, the LED lights are part of the option package.

Back