2016 30kWh LEAF: First Impressions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
SparkyEV said:
The dealer gave me $3,500, which was the same price I got from kbb.com.
Ouch, seems like you'd easily be able to do $5k private party, if not closer to $6-7k. What was your out the door price on the '16?
Indeed. And, the OP lives in my state where trade in doesn't save on sales tax when purchasing a new car.

A friend of mine starting about a year ago had been considering a used Leaf if they were down to $7K. He claimed he didn't care that much even if the battery were degraded farily badly. I think he can now find some decent candidates. Too bad he's in So Cal, at last check. I think he'd have given you a lot more than $3.5K for it, if you still had it.

How are you doing now that you are a month or two in? How is it working out range wise? I am interested in a 2016 with the range increase but I may still be cutting it close with about 100 miles of driving daily.

I am 2016 SV owner with close to 4,000 miles on the odometer.
I just did my longest ever 96 miles drive without recharging...Car was showing 22%/25 miles left on the battery/GOM.

Right now, as we coming into spring, the weather is near perfect, but if you are trying to pushing it to full 100 miles year round, I would think, the thickest of the winter months could certainly be a problem, even with the 2016 model.

And yes, I use the energy efficiency instrumentation to keep my driving efficiency to 4+ miles/Kwh...yesterday, I averaged 4.3 miles/Kwh...

Valdemar said:
SparkyEV said:
For a 5 year old LEAF with a battery at EoL?

There must be people out there who don't need 60 mile daily range who also think than $6-7k is an awesome deal for a 5yo commuter car that sells for $35k new. They are probably not on this forum though.
That was me back in October. I got mine through a dealer friend at auction for a smidge under $8k for 2013 SV, no QC. My daily commute is 25-33 round trip depending on the route so it's perfect. Still has 12 bars at 36k now.

mihird said:
I just did my longest ever 96 miles drive without recharging...Car was showing 22%/25 miles left on the battery/GOM.

Right now, as we coming into spring, the weather is near perfect, but if you are trying to pushing it to full 100 miles year round, I would think, the thickest of the winter months could certainly be a problem, even with the 2016 model.

And yes, I use the energy efficiency instrumentation to keep my driving efficiency to 4+ miles/Kwh...yesterday, I averaged 4.3 miles/Kwh...

The good news is that there are 2 charging stations (i think 6 or 8 connections total) down the street from my office that qualify for the 'no charge to charge' promotion. Also I have other vehicles available when needed (including a motorcycle that gets used a lot in the summer).

I round trip 86 miles daily....I have 4 QC points between home and work...it is only due to that, I feel okay for the winter months. I know for sure, I will be relying on the QC ports in the thickest of the winter months..

mihird said:

Hey all,
I can agre with that range. I got 98 out of my 2016 SV using climate control the whole time and two interstate runs totaling 60 miles. Arrived home with 27 miles remaining on the GOM 19% battery. Didn't hit a warning. Today I am taking it from Montpelier, VT to just south of Boston, MA. On the way back now. 225 miles one way. Some rapid chargers some level 2 New Hampshire is not the greatest for Rapids.
The long leg was 67 miles to a level 2 then 40 to another rapid. Stayed 15 min at the level 2 , should have stayed a bit longer, got to th next stop with 6%. Charged and got to my destination no issues. I must say the new battery cools well. It got to 8 bars and in a few Hours it was down to 6 again while charging on level 2. Onward..

Adding the my previous post in regards to the 2016 Leaf. Just made the next leg of the Boston trip. 67 miles. 1400 foot climb with some ups and downs. 55 mph with climate control on auto 70°. At night 40° air and a lot of wind. Not a tail wind. Started with 95% on the battery got to the next Rapid charger with 25% left. Another 45 miles to home. Hope this helps.

Back