2016 Leaf goes on sale in US

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
Just checked insidenissan.com - 2016 Leaf is not (yet) listed.

It is now listed on http://www.nissanusa.com/ and you can also build it. :)

(btw, thanks for the forum).

edatoakrun said:
MikeD said:
I just went to http://www.nissanusa.com and displayed new Leaf inventory for dealerships within 500+ miles...
58 of those 88 2016 MYs now shown within 500 miles of my location, which covers most of the west coast.

All 58 are SLs.

That was fast...
As of today, Nissan lists 109 2016s available nationwide, (105 SLs).

66 of them on the west coast, all SLs.

Anyone bought one yet?

evnow said:

Just to give the context - this is for VPP pricing - which has been a very attractive invoice - $1k in earlier years. But since '16 is not yet listed, we can't get any special VPP pricing.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Nubo said:
I find it disturbing that the S will have a lesser battery capacity warranty. That implies Nissan expects to realize a significant savings, and therefore that they expect a significant percentage of S owners to fall below the capacity threshold between 60,000 and 100,000 miles. If that is not their expectation then they are idiots for constructing the warranty coverage in such a way as to imply it.

your implication of what Nissan is implying concerning their 30 kwh capacity warranty is your opinion and curious as to how you came about thinking that a company would be ok with creating a product that they expected to fail within the warranty period AFTER they extended the terms of the warranty.

AFIC, the implication is reversed.

please explain your POV, I am VERY interested in hearing it

My POV was actuarial. I.e., if the quality of the battery was up to snuff then there would be no need to cost-differentiate by offering a lesser warranty. However as I later admitted I hadn't considered that the 24kWH version of the pack might still be the old chemistry, and other factors.

evnow said:
evnow said:

Just to give the context - this is for VPP pricing - which has been a very attractive invoice - $1k in earlier years. But since '16 is not yet listed, we can't get any special VPP pricing.

VPP seems to have active 2016 listings now. I'm seeing discounts which seem similar to last years.

roto said:
VPP seems to have active 2016 listings now. I'm seeing discounts which seem similar to last years.
Indeed - but the pricing isn't good (atleast compared to '13).

It used to be Invoice (not MSRP !) - $1,000. So, that would be $3k or more below MSRP.

The current discount is just MSRP - $1695 (SV ?) or MSRP - $1886 (SL ?).

BTW, I don't see car research sites like Edmunds or MSN Autos listing Leaf '16 yet. So we don't yet know the invoice price etc. But I expect it to be $2k or so below MSRP as usual.

Back