2016 Leaf SL Touch screen glass replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveleaf

Hi,

I have just purchased Leaf 2016 SL and the digitizer was dead, all buttons were very slow to respond so I have removed the ribbon cable of the glass and now the buttons are fine but unable to connect using bluetooth audio and many other functions that depends on touch.

I have read many threads about the replacement glass but this model has different pinout and also has a microcontroller on the glass connector.

The glass is not damaged but microcontroller is rusty and seems water damaged.
Y59uUNZ.jpg

nC7sCG8.jpg

I have found 8 inch glass on aliexpress but this car has 7 inch display.
This has same type of microcontroller.
KHEvdAU.png

I am wondering if we can order just the glass from somewhere I am not be aware of.

The only possible solution I can think is order this 8 inch version which has same resolution as mine.
If I can somehow attach the yellow ribbon to my ribbon which seeems healthy but not sure if we can heat bond.

Are there any test points where we can wire the older version of 4 pin digitizer on this board?

dJ3movF.png

this is the one with camera button on frame.

Thanks.

Maybe some alcohol and toothbrush will clean up the existing processor. Unless the corrosion damaged connections from the pins to the pads. You have nothing to lose by trying other than the time.

BillAinCT said:
Maybe some alcohol and toothbrush will clean up the existing processor. Unless the corrosion damaged connections from the pins to the pads. You have nothing to lose by trying other than the time.

Or moisture reached the die of the IC, i.e. not a ceramic encapsulation.

I have tried cleaning but the circuit board is slightly swolen where it meets the brown ribbon.

Also bottom left tracks near the chip seems disappeared

Thanks.
z8poFTF.jpg

Hi. I have the same problem with my Nissan E-nv200, did you find a solution?

Thanks

Back