2016 release date

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
In anycase, MY16 Leaf is unlikely to sell well - as people wait for promised long range EVs from many OEMs.
Not only that, I imagine that by then the market is really going to be flooded with all those used LEAFs coming off lease.

Given all this - the question is will Nissan try to d something for the MY16 Leaf to sustain sales - like bumping up the capacity to 30kwh to get Leaf to 100 EPA miles.

I'd not bet against it - but I think most likely they'll just ride out 2016 and try to sustain sales thr' discounts.

dgpcolorado said:
ObjetDart said:
...Then I'd be locked into another multi-year lease right before nextgen options start appearing in 2017. That would suck!
Not necessarily. If you were to wait an extra year to 2018 it would give you a chance to see how the new models in 2017 shake out. Then you can pick the one than seems best after the first year bugs have been worked out.

The potential drawback in that case is whether the $7500 federal rebate will still be on the table.

As for current lease deals, they're not as good as the ones Nissan was offering a couple years ago at the moment.

evnow said:
Given all this - the question is will Nissan try to d something for the MY16 Leaf to sustain sales - like bumping up the capacity to 30kwh to get Leaf to 100 EPA miles.
I'd not bet against it - but I think most likely they'll just ride out 2016 and try to sustain sales thr' discounts.
Count me as someone that hopes Nissan does something sooner rather than later.

Has Nissan given a firm date on release of the 2016 specs yet ?

Back