2016 SV!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WARNING! The Nissan Leaf is perhaps the worst example of a RAPIDLY DEPRECIATING VEHICLE value in history. DO NOT compare the price of a new Leaf to another new vehicle. Compare to the used price in your local market. In my case, sticker price was $32k, I paid $25k, got $5000 federal rebate, $2500 state rebate--but the highest certified used price for a vehicle in EXCELLENT condition is between $10.5k-13k. That is less than half of the sticker price!

By December 2017, Tesla will begin delivery of the Model 3 (MSRP $35k-42k) with a minimum range of 220 mi. and a long-range model reaching 310 mi. I predict Nissan owners are set to experience even further depreciation as the Leaf's paltry 80-100mi. ranges are left in the dust.

DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE for a Nissan Leaf! There are several used ones on the market at any given time with less than 20k miles on average.

With the first deliveries of the Model 3 being around $44k and a waiting list currently around 18 months - 2 years,, these won't be taking too many Leaf sales with them. What will take Leaf sales with them is when the 2018 Leaf finally shows up at dealerships.

RonDawg said:
With the first deliveries of the Model 3 being around $44k and a waiting list currently around 18 months - 2 years,, these won't be taking too many Leaf sales with them. What will take Leaf sales with them is when the 2018 Leaf finally shows up at dealerships.
Right now, the shipping cars are $49K per https://www.tesla.com/support/model-3-reservations-faq
Will there still be a $35,000 Model 3 option?
Yes. Our first production Model 3 vehicles are preconfigured to ensure a smooth production ramp so that we can deliver more cars to more customers at a faster pace. The beginning configuration is a Long Range Battery with rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades, starting at $49,000. These vehicles come with three options for customization: wheel size, exterior color and Autopilot features.

Additional configurations, including the Model 3 with standard equipment for $35,000, will become available as production ramps, which we expect to be in November 2017.
I think the wait time for whatever one wants at least for RWD cars will depend on whether the person is a a Tesla (or SpaceX) employee, current Tesla vehicle owner, their region and their position in the reservation queue.

I've seen screenshots of from various folks. A former CA coworker of mine who doesn't have a Tesla has an estimate for standard battery, 220 mile range, RWD of "$35K" of Feb to April 2018. Who knows if Tesla will actually meet that? I think he might've made his reservation on March 31, 2016 (first day?), judging but his partially obscured screenshot.

Monday drove home my 2016 SV. It had 12,900 miles and my OTD was $14,000. I was driving a noisy 2005 Scion xA and just rolled 150,000 miles. I do have a little range anxiety but I am getting more familiar with the local chargers so am getting more comfortable driving it. There are a bunch of free chargers around too. Home charging on 110 is brutally slow. The EVSE has a twist lock pigtail so I can switch from 5-15P to a dryer plug but my dryer socket is the twist lock! I'll need to get a twist lock extension cord or drive 4 miles to the public charger. I can nap or play video games a couple hours for a charge. So far it's been great. Irvine, California.

Back