2021 SV+ W/TECH & $4000 Tax Credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

Your car looks really nice and it’s priced right with the $4k tax credit. If you were in Florida I would have bought it as a spare. Just 4 months ago I was looking for just this kind of deal.

This won’t last long. Good luck with the sale.

According to keysavvy they are a certified dealer and have successfully helped customers receive the used EV credit. You can check the link provided in the advertisement to ensure it's possible for you.

Even though my opinions of Nissan are terrible and I am NOT a fan of the battery tech, your car tempted me enough to give it serious consideration. In the end, I decided to hold off on an EV purchase until the new year for a better tax break.

Good luck with your sale, I imagine the car will go pretty quicly if a reasonably local person is interested.

SageBrush said:
Even though my opinions of Nissan are terrible and I am NOT a fan of the battery tech, your car tempted me enough to give it serious consideration. In the end, I decided to hold off on an EV purchase until the new year for a better tax break.

Good luck with your sale, I imagine the car will go pretty quicly if a reasonably local person is interested.

Do you know of a better used EV tax break than $4000 that might be on the horizon?

The issue is that so few people know anything about this EV. Sort of the "needle in the haystack" Tons of Teslas of all types around our area. Being close to the Austin factory seems to have flooded this area with good deals.

According to keysavvy they are a certified dealer and have successfully helped customers receive the used EV credit. You can check the link provided in the advertisement to ensure it's possible for you.

Apologies, I did look all over the site and could not find that. I will try again. Edit: I see the keysavvy site and that is pretty cool.

No problem, I think it's quite a bit of EV for $18950 IF you qualify. The right person will get quite a deal. Finding that person is a challenge however, as only a few seem to know what a Leaf is :roll:

Marktm said:
SageBrush said:

Do you know of a better used EV tax break than $4000 that might be on the horizon?
No new tax break news. For me it is a matter of not being able to take advantage of the used EV tax credit (again)

The LEAF has its issues. For one, it is likely to be a local buyer. Second, I imagine the buyer is either clueless or quite well informed. The middle ground probably shy away from the car, particularly in hot Texas. When I mentioned the LEAF to my wife she turned up her nose at the memory of our LEAF and the car management we adopted to avoid accelerated pack degradation. I tried to tell her that a 60 kWh LEAF has enough range buffer to absorb a lot of degradation without impacting usage but she (perhaps rightly) does not want to hear that story again.

Our Chevy Bolt has much better thermal management and CCS charging (not great, but not CHAdeMO bad) -- and yet it is still an extended local car like the LEAF because CCS is iffy and the Bolt DC charges at around 40-ish kW which is too slow for our preferences. So in the end the two cars fill much the same niche.

SageBrush said:
No new tax break news. For me it is a matter of not being able to take advantage of the used EV tax credit (again)

The LEAF has its issues. For one, it is likely to be a local buyer. Second, I imagine the buyer is either clueless or quite well informed. The middle ground probably shy away from the car, particularly in hot Texas. When I mentioned the LEAF to my wife she turned up her nose at the memory of our LEAF and the car management we adopted to avoid accelerated pack degradation. I tried to tell her that a 60 kWh LEAF has enough range buffer to absorb a lot of degradation without impacting usage but she (perhaps rightly) does not want to hear that story again.

Our Chevy Bolt has much better thermal management and CCS charging (not great, but not CHAdeMO bad) -- and yet it is still an extended local car like the LEAF because CCS is iffy and the Bolt DC charges at around 40-ish kW which is too slow for our preferences. So in the end the two cars fill much the same niche.

This Leaf is a good deal if one qualifies for the tax credit.

I owned a 2019, 2020 and 2023 60kWh battery leaf in Florida. Battery degradation was minimal.

If this car was closer I would buy it and give it to my Grandson or even buy it as a spare.

SageBrush said:

I agree with all your points. My Gen 1 Leaf suffered battery degradation that eventually got me a new, free battery (that did somewhat better). My Gen 2 Leaf has done well even in Houston, TX with an average of about 2.8% loss per year. It's hard to predict as it seems the "degradation" has leveled out slightly also.

My driving habits (or should say, different amount of attention to known factors) actually determine the range for the most part. The GOM is much better in Gen 2, but LeafSpy is the bomb when trip planning.

Wow, I'm finding 2022 SV Plus Leaf's for $17-$18k in my area with 10-30k miles on them! Wow, with the $4k tax deduction, that's only $14k for a car that can be driven for free for 3-4 years if selling for what you paid. I didn't know there was a used EV rebate until I read this. I sold my 2022 SV Plus with 14k miles on it ONE year ago for $29,200!! Wow, was I fortunate.

I can buy it back for half price basically!

Back