25,000 miles driven – no issues other than battery degraded

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricfuture

Reached this milestone on my 2011 Leaf with battery capacity down about 15%. Only 9 white bars show when I start but after driving a short distance the 10 bar lights so no loss there.

Noticeable change though is how the battery holds charge. Before in cold weather (this model does not have the battery warmer) it would drop in accordance with Tony Williams’s chart, but now it seems to drop much faster. Current combined highway/city range (mostly highway) is about 70 miles. Range will probably improve with warmer weather as in past years,

I think I’ll get another couple of years from the battery before replacement – hopefully with at least a 150 mile range battery to provide padding for temperature changes to maintain at least a 100 mile range.

It would be helpful if you could update your profile info with location, etc. (left pane).
I too agree/hope that a higher capacity (replacement) battery pack with the same form/fit/function should be available down the road.

Back