3 month maintenance notice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark13 said:
I got a letter from Nissan asking me to rate the service i recieved for the 6 month inspection .. I wrote back that $89 every 6 months was never mention doing the car sales speech and a 2 hour wait is a little long just to hook the car up to a computer..The Leaf shows if any thing is wrong at boot up..The car is also under warranty,just inspect the car when ever there is a problem with it..

I would not mind paying $89 once a year but I think every 6 months is just a cash grabber by Nissan ;-(
If you are taking your LEAF in every six months, then you must be on the "SCHEDULE 1 (more severe operating conditions)" schedule. Even so, $89 seems a bit high to rotate the tires and visually inspect a few things. No diagnostics required by the manual.

Rotate tires
Inspect the following:
__ Axle & suspension
__ Brake pads & rotors
__ Drive shaft boots
__ Front suspension ball joints
__ Steering gear and linkage
__ Steering linkage ball joints

Unless I have a problem, my LEAF will not see the dealer until the required one year battery check. And that will probably be well before 15,000 miles.

Bill

EDIT: On second thought, maybe $89 isn't too bad. Seems you can't very often get out of a dealer's shop for under a C note. ;)

Back