A couple of interesting articles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CampbellNelson

http://venturebeat.com/2011/02/11/nissan-leaf-delays-2011-government-2015-one-million-electric-cars/

http://venturebeat.com/2011/02/10/one-million-electric-cars-2015/

I must say that with 125 orders confirmed and still counting, We are on pace to deliver over 200 leafs this year (6 delivered so far and one more before the end of the month. The bulk of our orders to deliver by July). When Nissan starts Assembly here in the U.S, I would bet on 100,000 units in the first year of full production.

Status update on our Leaf: 78 test drives averaging 20 minutes, and a somewhat irregular charging (got to keep it charged to accommodate ;), it is still averaging right about 5 miles/kwh (106 miles per charge) and this is with ECO mode barely ever used. By far the most fun car I have driven in a long time.

CampbellNelson said:
I must say that with 125 orders confirmed and still counting, We are on pace to deliver over 200 leafs this year (6 delivered so far and one more before the end of the month. The bulk of our orders to deliver by July).
How's that sales rate compare to some of your other Nissan models?

drees said:
CampbellNelson said:
I must say that with 125 orders confirmed and still counting, We are on pace to deliver over 200 leafs this year (6 delivered so far and one more before the end of the month. The bulk of our orders to deliver by July).
How's that sales rate compare to some of your other Nissan models?

It would right up there. We sell an average of 700 new Nissans per year. This year, the leaf should hit an easy 20% of the total volume. Keep in mind that there are dealers that sell More than we do but have less than half of the Leaf orders that we do.

CampbellNelson- thanks for participating on this forum. It is very helpfull receiving dealer perspectives. You and Leon from Kearn Mesa Nissan are appreciated for your informative (rather than selling) approach.

stanley said:
CampbellNelson- thanks for participating on this forum. It is very helpfull receiving dealer perspectives. You and Leon from Kearn Mesa Nissan are appreciated for your informative (rather than selling) approach.

That is the least I can do. Please do not hesitate with any questions I can help with.. Cheerz to everyone and here is to many gas free miles

Back