A LEAF Can Go Over 150 Miles (9.1m/kW h) on ONE 80% Charge!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gbarry42 said:
As to holding your foot like that: (1) Use ECO--as you said you did, and (2) Move your seat back!

You may have missed a detail in my post. It isn't my foot that is the problem, but my knee. It's the meniscus or something similar so I need to keep it moving or stretch it every so often, and without CC, I can't do that, but I appreciate you trying to help. I really need someone to show me how to change the lowest CC setting from 24 to 15. It doesn't sound like it would be that difficult. Turbo, what do you think?

Operating at 20-21 mph in Eco w/ no a/c or fan starting w/ 100% I got 119 miles w/ 5 miles left. I noticed that as the battery temp went up the less milage. I don't think you can get above 145 miles on a charge w/o reducing the battery temp.

It would require a software change which is not trivial as you would need to reverse engineer it first and then find a way to upload the new version...

LEAFfan said:
You may have missed a detail in my post. It isn't my foot that is the problem, but my knee. It's the meniscus or something similar so I need to keep it moving or stretch it every so often, and without CC, I can't do that, but I appreciate you trying to help. I really need someone to show me how to change the lowest CC setting from 24 to 15. It doesn't sound like it would be that difficult. Turbo, what do you think?

pawsouth said:
Operating at 20-21 mph in Eco w/ no a/c or fan starting w/ 100% I got 119 miles w/ 5 miles left. I noticed that as the battery temp went up the less milage. I don't think you can get above 145 miles on a charge w/o reducing the battery temp.

Just to clarify, you physically DROVE 119 miles ? How do you know there was 5 miles left (please don't say Guess-O-Meter)?

TonyWilliams said:
Just to clarify, you physically DROVE 119 miles ? How do you know there was 5 miles left (please don't say Guess-O-Meter)?
Thank you for your report! I would be intrigued to hear more as well, especially the ambient temp and approximate geographic location and anything else you would like to share.

pawsouth said:
I noticed that as the battery temp went up the less mileage. I don't think you can get above 145 miles on a charge w/o reducing the battery temp.

It was 98 degrees (around 6PM) when I did the one hour loop, but the battery stayed at 6 bars. It may have gone to 7 with higher speeds. I still got 9.1m/kW h on the 15 mile trip. So depending on your speed, more than 145 miles is actually very doable, even on an 80% charge.

Back