AC Hose & Bracket Recall

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosier9

Took my 2013 LEAF in for it's 24-month battery check this morning and the service tech mentioned that there are two open recalls. One of the recalls is for the AC Hose/Bracket that multiple people have had issues with... Glad to see they are taking action on this.

Here is the notice:

Summary

Nissan is conducting a voluntary service campaign on approximately 39,968 MY 2013-15 Nissan Sgrade LEAF vehicles sold in the United States, Canada, Guam, and Puerto Rico to replace the air conditioning (A/C) system line and remove a bracket.

Remedy

EV Certified Nissan dealers will replace the air conditioning (A/C) system line and remove a bracket to allow for additional flex in the line during electric motor movement. This service, which is conducted at no charge to you for parts and labor, should take approximately 3 hours to complete.
- See more at: http://www.nissanusa.com/recalls-vin#/result

Nice they are doing this before the actual failure, would really suck to have the failure days or even months past warranty. Sounds like it effects all Leafs?? My '13 had the failure and repair but I don't believe my '12 has had anything done and it's past warranty.....I hope I don't have A/C work to look forward to in the very near future....
I just entered my VIN in your link and it doesn't look like my '12 is effected, does this only effect '13 and newer US made Leafs? I also see my '13 has a very recent recall involving the "Occupant Classification System (OCS)" which they are currently awaiting parts, guess I'll get a letter when parts are available for the repair, no such OCS issue with my '12 though.....

I had my car in for an end-of-warranty check about *ten days ago*, and I asked them to check the A/C. There was no mention of a recall then. I juts bought an extended warranty, but probably wouldn't have done so if they had done the recall service then...

rosier9 said:
Took my 2013 LEAF in for it's 24-month battery check this morning and the service tech mentioned that there are two open recalls. One of the recalls is for the AC Hose/Bracket that multiple people have had issues with...

Nissan is conducting a voluntary service campaign on approximately 39,968 MY 2013-15 Nissan Sgrade LEAF vehicles sold in the United States, Canada, Guam, and Puerto Rico to replace the air conditioning (A/C) system line and remove a bracket.

Remedy

EV Certified Nissan dealers will replace the air conditioning (A/C) system line and remove a bracket to allow for additional flex in the line during electric motor movement. This service, which is conducted at no charge to you for parts and labor, should take approximately 3 hours to complete.
I doubt this is really a recall, but rather exactly as it says, a "voluntary service campaign". Recalls are generally for safety-related defects or non-compliance with FMVSS. This doesn't meet that criteria.

Unfortunately, I don't see it up at http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/691/ yet. I did hear a heads up about this in the past week or so at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattlenissanleaf/ via a well-known Leaf tech in WA.

But yes, he mentioned it covers the S trim and it sounded like there was no time nor mileage limit on it either. If so, that's great news for those folks.

cwerdna said:
rosier9 said:
Took my 2013 LEAF in for it's 24-month battery check this morning and the service tech mentioned that there are two open recalls. One of the recalls is for the AC Hose/Bracket that multiple people have had issues with...

Remedy

....But yes, he mentioned it covers the S trim and it sounded like there was no time nor mileage limit on it either. If so, that's great news for those folks.
Oh I didn't catch the "S" trim part, then of course it's only for post '12 Leafs(no S models prior to '13) and also explains why my '12 is fine but my '13 needed the service. Wonder whats different between say a '13 S and '13 SL? must be a different bracket or routing of the hoses...

We just noticed our A/C wasn't working over Memorial day weekend. When we called the dealership they said yes there was a recall and that they had the A/C parts on order and were getting some in Monday and to bring the car in early next week. They said they have seen this in a couple of Leaf's already and were pretty confident that will be the problem. So the dealer called it a recall not just a TSB, but that could just be them using the term loosely.

The dealer also mentioned they heard about a passenger airbag recall (not just the software update) that will require some parts swapped out on the Leaf , but they don't have all the all the details or parts on hand yet. Honestly it is weird how this dealer is proactive with problems we have had so far, very weird...

jjeff on the 13+ cars the S has only the A/C while the SV & SL have the heat pump to both heat and cool. My guess is they are different units and thus have different parts on them.

BrockWI said:
jjeff on the 13+ cars the S has only the A/C while the SV & SL have the heat pump to both heat and cool. My guess is they are different units and thus have different parts on them.
+1, that makes total sense.

Looks like our A/C just died on our 15 SV...blowing hot air on a hot day!

Our local Nissan dealer closed last month - so I will have to figure out some way of getting it fixed in Sunnyvale or San Jose...grrrr

Does anybody know how affective the A/C fix is for this Service Bulletin? My 2013 Nissan LEAF S allegedly underwent the work to replace this hose and bracket, and just over a year later, the A/C is blowing ambient air again. Has anybody had this fixed successfully for longer than a year or two? I don't want to be having to pay out of pocket every time the A/C needs fixing. I have managed to get the dealer ship where I had the work done to diagnose the problem for free, but they are stating the service bulletin work can only be completed once / vehicle.

Back