Advice ? Must Choose 1: Cl. Creek, GE, or Juice Box EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blimpy

I am eligible for a subsidized EVSE .. my cost $50 for a new: Clipper Creek, Juice Box or GE.

Anybody have anything substantive to say about the build quality, reliability, or functional flaws of any of these
wall mount home EVSE's ?

Recurring failures,
cheap construction
safety issues
poor performance
bad company
etc ???

have to chose very soon.. my car needs it ! :oops:

It kind of depends on the models but CC is a very well respected brand, priced if not a bit on the high side IMO. That said if you could get it for the same price as a GE, I'd go for the CC. Juicebox also makes nice EVs but they are not UL listed, if that matters to you. If it's a better Juicebox it will have features that neither of the other EVSEs do, including WiFi connectivity which some people like. Juicebox also has the ability to limit current to whatever you want, the GE does also but with jumpers so it's more a set it and forget it and only has a limited number of settings, I don't believe the CC lets you adjust the current, it is what it is.
If your talking the most basic of all models I'd probably go with a CC or maybe JB if you wanted the ability to limit charging current. Wow, $50, I'd love to get into that deal :lol:
All the models you mentioned are decent companies and make fine EVSEs, no issues I'm aware of. Oh I guess the GE probably has the shortest length cable if that matters.

Clipper Creek LCS-25 user here for over 3 years. The only issue I've had with it is that it doesn't play well with my eGolf's charge timer, but that's a VW issue, and not a CC one. It worked flawlessly with the Leaf.

Clipper Creek offers a 3 year warranty, and the units are well-made in the US. The only argument I can see for buying another brand is the desire for more bells & whistles.

A happy Juicebox customer here and I would recommend it.

For details, you can see my review on Amazon -> https://www.amazon.com/review/R1J3N8LECEOTU6/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00UB9R4KO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=15684181&store=automotive

The juice box pro can be taken on the road charge on 120 or 208/240 and programed with your phone for what ever amps you want to charge at. I have two at work that share a 50 amp breaker and I share the charge with a RAV 4. it is so smart when my Leaf is done charging it lets his charge at 40 amps. I happy after the first month.

If they are offering the Juice Box Pro, I'd take that. It has the most features. Otherwise, I'd go with the Clipper Creek. If you want to be impressed go look at the Juice Box video where they submerge a Juice Box in a tank of water and then use it to charge a car while still submerged. That got my vote. Didn't hurt that It was the least expensive also. Since you're subsidized, cost is not an issue and the clipper Creek does look nicer.

Back