After fully charging is it normal for top range to vary and range question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreaderus

I see 165 at times, 155, 148, it seems random. (KM)

Also if i leave it for a few days, plugged in, isnt the battery draining and should it not start charging again on its own so that i don't have to "top it up" after it shuts off after a full charge.

Its also very weird i seem to burn more KM doing some local chores then driving from my house near square one, to wynford and 404. (about 42km) I am getting to my work at around 100-115 KM remaining and have about 45-60KM remaining so far when i get home. (no trickle charge yet available at work but I am working on it) A few local drives and i am down to 100 no way i am doing 42kms though :) perhaps its in my mind.

Also i haven't really done a "cold drive" yet but I seemed "fine" at "0" driving there and back so far. Fingers crossed. Note: I am a grandma at driving it on purpose.

Dreaderus said:
I see 165 at times, 155, 148, it seems random. (KM)
...and that's why it's called the "GOM" (guess-o'-meter) here on the forums. The range indicator is an approximation of your available remaining range, based on how you drove it previously. It will wildly vary.

For example, this morning I saw 99 miles remaining. My record is 119 miles. It is typical to have such wide variances in your predicted range.

Back