Aftermarket LEAF L1 charging accessory - string!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Apparently you get string with your Mitsubishi I L1 charger. That's what those holes are supposed to be for!

2012-mitsubishi-i-charging-cable-photo-439714-s-520x318.jpg

That must be a prototype unit, as the production units we are upgrading now have totally different labels and no strings attached:

pic

Also, the lawyers have really been working overtime, the warning label is HUGE!

FYI: These units are stock 8A units and only can be upgraded to 12A due to the 16 AWG cabling and 13A J1772 Handle. So Rev1 on these is 240v 8A and Rev2 is 12A.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
That must be a prototype unit, as the production units we are upgrading now have totally different labels and no strings attached
What's the cost for a new one of these compared to the Nissan LEAF OEM unit?

I wonder why they decided to go only 8A instead of 12A stock... must be an attempt to make it as inexpensive as possible? I assume the guts of the Mitsubishi unit are otherwise basically the same as Nissan's...

Im jealous,where can i buy that string :lol: I must say,I have had to use mine 3 times doing the winter at work..Im not sure what the chargers cost but each time I use it,I hope no one steals it..

mark13 said:
Im not sure what the chargers cost but each time I use it,I hope no one steals it..
Why? Didn't yours come with the padlock. :cool:

Ray

P.S. The charger is in the car, inside that hump behind the back seat, with tubes and wires running in and out of it. No one is going to steal that. I think you meant the EVSE.

mwalsh said:
Apparently you get string with your Mitsubishi I L1 charger. That's what those holes are supposed to be for!
And all this time I thought the holes were there so I could hang the unit on two finish nails hammered into the garage wall. I guess this addition scores big for Mitsubishi in the EV oneupsmanship game. ;) :lol:

EVDRIVER said:
Shoe lace.
That's ok for some areas. But if they ever put in EVSE's at Dodger stadium, you'd be advised to go for the plastic coated stainless cable . . . . . because you never know. ;)

cable_swage_assembly.jpg

Back