air conditioning in the desert

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thank you for all the info, it's very helpful. I was starting to waiver on whether or not I would make the purchase. I really started worrying about the battery in the hot climate, but I think you guys have put those fears to rest.

mwalsh said:
cwerdna said:
Seconding what RonDawg said re: degradation. In addition, we have no idea much Nissan has improved the "lizard" batteries vs. previous ones from a degradation (heat or not) and point of view since they've never given us any such data on any version of the batteries.

Let's not start calling the 2013 battery pack "lizard" too, can we? At least until we know more about how it will behave over the long term. That will just start muddying the waters.

All we know about the 2013 pack is that it has a slightly different electrolyte formulation than those in the 2011/2012 cars and that there is limited data to show it might be holding up better.
I didn't mean to suggest that about the '13. All we know is that the '15+ packs are the first ones supposedly equipped w/the "lizard pack" and what you stated at the end.

I did start a thread meant to capture data about '13 and '14 capacity bar losers but that got merged into http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=18269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Back