Al Jazeera buys Al Gore's Current TV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

Heard about it on the local news here last night.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/02/business/al-jazeera-current-tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What's more hilarious is that CNBC reported this earlier today:
http://news.yahoo.com/glenn-beck-tried-buy-current-tv-rejected-032853589--finance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CNBC mentioned that Glenn Beck's company tried to pull together as much as $300 million but once Current TV's banker realized who they were talking to, negotiations fizzled.

That would've been hilarious if the above went thru.

I think it's more funny and ironic that he sold to Al Jazeera which is headquartered in a country dependent on the sale of oil. Not to mention the sale taking place before he would have been hit with a big tax bite on the sale. Just last Nov. he was saying how the rich need to pay more taxes.

willk55 said:
Just last Nov. he was saying how the rich need to pay more taxes.
I don't see any problem with people paying by the current rules while advocating for change in rules.

BTW, Al Jazeera has proven to be a really independent channel with a lot more backbone than the cheerleading US channels.

evnow said:
willk55 said:
Just last Nov. he was saying how the rich need to pay more taxes.
I don't see any problem with people paying by the current rules while advocating for change in rules.

BTW, Al Jazeera has proven to be a really independent channel with a lot more backbone than the cheerleading US channels.

Just because Hillary Clinton said that does not make it true. Wasn't Al Jazeera the vehicle used by Osama to get his video messages out?

Has anyone in the media ever followed up on Al Gores "carbon offsets" for use of his private jet and housing compounds? :roll:

willk55 said:
Just because Hillary Clinton said that does not make it true. Wasn't Al Jazeera the vehicle used by Osama to get his video messages out?
Well, I guess it is not true because Rush said so ? (No point using right wing talking points here).

I don't know what Hillary said, but I've been following Al Jazeera for a long time - even before Condoleezza Rice's interview. They are the only ones who cover the Arab street.

willk55 said:
Wasn't Al Jazeera the vehicle used by Osama to get his video messages out?
Isn't YouTube the vehicle Anonymous hacktavists use to get their message out? So I guess if you watch YouTube videos you must support Anonymous, right?

ENIAC said:
willk55 said:
Isn't YouTube the vehicle Anonymous hacktavists use to get their message out? So I guess if you watch YouTube videos you must support Anonymous, right?

Apples and oranges. I have a Yahoo email address. It doesn't mean I support the AP who provides the liberal propaganda that Yahoo uses on their home page.

evnow said:
They are the only ones who cover the Arab street.
Isn't that mostly a matter of going from one pile of burning tires to the next and getting some video of guys shouting "death to America" at each stop?

LTLFTcomposite said:
evnow said:
They are the only ones who cover the Arab street.
Isn't that mostly a matter of going from one pile of burning tires to the next and getting some video of guys shouting "death to America" at each stop?
You must have been watching too much Faux news.

When you come over to the real world, you will get better. Just as we know Florida is more than Pastor Terry Jones.

willk55 said:
ENIAC said:
willk55 said:

Apples and oranges. I have a Yahoo email address. It doesn't mean I support the AP who provides the liberal propaganda that Yahoo uses on their home page.
No different from some nut who sends a manifesto to NYT to print. Doesn't mean NYT is complicit in the crime.

Newspapers/TV stations routinely get this kind of information in countries with active terrorist groups.

Back